Soblito

Minnesota Timberwolves

kroywen    1,400
5 minutes ago, Primzahl said:

At this point Minnesota should just drop the 'Timber' part of their name.

Totally agree. "Minnesota Wolves" sounds so much better than "Minnesota Timberwolves."

I've always been of the opinion that if you can't fit your nickname on the front of a jersey reasonably, it's probably too long and clunky of a name. (Looking at you, D-Backs.) The Supersonics were probably the one exception.

Wolves is a great name that incredibly isn't used by any other professional teams. Ditch the clunky compound adjective and just go with "Wolves."

the admiral    10,272

Minnesota is an interesting branding case to me because while baseball and hockey combined with Minnesota's innate Minnesotaness compel a real old-school approach, I think there's a lot more latitude to try different stuff with the basketball team. I wouldn't mind the Timberwolves going off the wall. I can't tell whether this is.

Rockstar Matt    591

I actually like the uniforms, but they'd look good for Dallas. Not Minnesota.

TaylorMade    297
55 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Totally agree. "Minnesota Wolves" sounds so much better than "Minnesota Timberwolves."

I've always been of the opinion that if you can't fit your nickname on the front of a jersey reasonably, it's probably too long and clunky of a name. (Looking at you, D-Backs.) The Supersonics were probably the one exception.

Wolves is a great name that incredibly isn't used by any other professional teams. Ditch the clunky compound adjective and just go with "Wolves."

Because Seattle never had a jersey that said "Supersonics." I guess you could have said the same thing about them, that they should have just dropped the "super" from their name. They didn't even have it in their logo past 1995.

Shadojoker    635
6 hours ago, DJT said:

New wolves shorts. So seeming like no green at all except a tad on the logo. Too bad.

2017-08-09_10-29-54.jpg

Just realized why Wiggins leaked the team's new Nike shorts.

Look no further than his shirt. He is signed to Adidas. Troll level 90! 

Ps. I'm still trying to figure out when,why and how we go from the uniforms having the subliminal tree side panels design...to these?? We had good sources confirm them. Oh well.

WSU151    2,418
30 minutes ago, DJT said:

Towns posted a sneak peek too. Just the back top of the jersey. 

IMG_3287.PNG

At least those t-shirts iwth the wide NOB font are not indicative of the jerseys, even if the number font was the same.

upperV03    2,181
42 minutes ago, DJT said:

Towns posted a sneak peek too. Just the back top of the jersey. 

IMG_3287.PNG

If you look closely, you can see the stripes from the front of the jersey. The darker portion is the large block of navy that extends down from the shoulders to near the bottom of the collar, and then you can see the thick white and thin blue stripes below it. For comparison:

IMG_6799.JPG.bf26a6619398fcf73a8759921fdab618.JPG

Sodboy13    2,558

What disappointing trash. No green (a seam on the shorts hardly counts,) a jersey ripped from another team's style, and shorts currently available for 40% off at Kohl's.

mjd77    562
11 hours ago, Funkatron101 said:

I don't mind this set. It just doesn't seem to fit for the Wolves. With that said, for some reason, that jersey is screaming to have the old Adidas logo in place of the nike logo.
 Logo_brand_Adidas.png

It reminds me of some of those Adidas made in March uniforms.

SteamerStan    14
7 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

If that really is their new look, they just dropped to the very bottom of the entire league. 

No, the Pacers hold that spot now with that garbage they will be wearing.

Bucfan56    3,706
1 hour ago, SteamerStan said:

No, the Pacers hold that spot now with that garbage they will be wearing.

Minnesota's is still MUCH trashier. 

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

What disappointing trash. No green (a seam on the shorts hardly counts,) a jersey ripped from another team's style, and shorts currently available for 40% off at Kohl's.

For what it's worth, I'm like 90% sure the road uniform will be green. There were some leaked screenshots earlier in the week that have mysteriously disappeared, I'm thinking those were spot on. 

upperV03    2,181
8 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

For what it's worth, I'm like 90% sure the road uniform will be green. There were some leaked screenshots earlier in the week that have mysteriously disappeared, I'm thinking those were spot on. 

The "Icon" uniform will be navy with white and lighter blue trim. The green uniform will be either the "Athlete's Mindset" or "Community" uniforms.

Germanshepherd    541

At least when all the young talent leaves and wins titles in bigger markets, that'll give them an excuse to change the uniforms. 

mike2sana    64

To be honest, I'm pretty angry that these sets were fraud.

I thought this was a good kickstart to a solid brand.

image.thumb.png.8ca4b72a62cf7c8a300cb4048a192605.png

DEF8bR8VwAAPKlV.jpg

The New duds aren't totally bad I guess.

They look like they were trying to be classy.

Definitely a "safe" set.

I just feel like a name and brand like the TIMBERWOLVES needs to have a bit of edge, that's just my opinion though.

image.png