Soblito

Minnesota Timberwolves

1 hour ago, mike2sana said:

To be honest, I'm pretty angry that these sets were fraud.

That was NBA 2K17 not NBA 2K18. I knew right away that those screenshots meant nothing and I was honestly hoping people would catch on to to it being 2K17. I had similar uniforms like that months ago in my game.

Teal    75
2 hours ago, mike2sana said:

To be honest, I'm pretty angry that these sets were fraud.

I thought this was a good kickstart to a solid brand.

image.thumb.png.8ca4b72a62cf7c8a300cb4048a192605.png

DEF8bR8VwAAPKlV.jpg

The New duds aren't totally bad I guess.

They look like they were trying to be classy.

Definitely a "safe" set.

I just feel like a name and brand like the TIMBERWOLVES needs to have a bit of edge, that's just my opinion though.

image.png

I agree...

Satomiblood    96
7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

That was NBA 2K17 not NBA 2K18. I knew right away that those screenshots meant nothing and I was honestly hoping people would catch on to to it being 2K17. I had similar uniforms like that months ago in my game.

There's a lot indicating that it's fake. That number font is available in the jersey creator. And look at the crowd. The white ALL IN t-shirts are a generic feature for rebranded teams. But perhaps the most telling part is Denver's uniform, which is clearly last year's set with no Nike branding whatsoever.

BrianLion    970

ah man, despite the "kewl" new Nike color scheme I really thought the Wolves were going to kill it with a slick looking new uniform set.  If those shorts that Wiggins is wearing arent just from some weird alt, I'm going to be very disappointed. 

Despite them being putrid on the court for most of their existence, I'v always thought the Wolves had one of the more fun brands/colors/identities in the league. To just give them a click and fill blue and white uni set on the Wizards template is going to be extremely disappointing. 

KGeeX5    399
1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

These suck. No other way to put it.

All that talk about green and theres NOTHING. Booo Minnesota, booooo.

BlackBolt3    1,062

They promote green for 4 months and then proceed to brick it on the main uniforms. What a waste.

OnWis97    2,153
2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah...especially after seeing that video game screen shot.  This may be as disappointed as I've ever been in a Minnesota uniform reveal...and that includes the gold-trimmed Twins and all the little regressions the Wild used to take.  Not to mention past Wolves transgressions and missed opportunities.  

McCarthy    6,416
20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

These new uniforms just look like something that could be picked out of a catalog. 

That seems to be Nike's move. They look like the Mavericks in a Wizards template. 

It also sort of looks like they were designed to house the Fitbit ad and if that's the case GO F*** YOURSELVES, NBA. 

IceBurgs70    222
1 minute ago, McCarthy said:

That seems to be Nike's move. They look like the Mavericks in a Wizards template. 

It also sort of looks like they were designed to house the Fitbit ad and if that's the case GO F*** YOURSELVES, NBA. 

Hit the nail on the head right there.

suns1977    260

Jesus, those stripes in the midway point of the shorts make it look like another pair of shorts coming out beneath.  

Not a fan.  Not at all.  I hated the trees, now I miss them.  I'm now seeing the forest for the trees.

dbofox    44
10 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Minnesota should drop the "Timber" from their names.  If you're not gonna take advantage of that look or name on the uniform, just drop it already.  They may be the best dressed intramural team but this is a joke for an NBA team.

gosioux76    122

All I can think of is that owner Glen Taylor must really hate green. It's unfathomable to me that a team would so brazenly ignore one of its primary colors.

OnWis97    2,153
10 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Kinda like the Seahawks...

Though I will say this...I actually thought a silver lining was that the ad was a little less noticeable than what we've seen for many other teams.

BrianLion    970

Jesus tap dancing Christ. 

Let's take a cool and unique identity and turn it into something you'd see on a team in a movie that's not about basketball but has basketball scenes in it. 

Red Wolf    568

This Minnesota set is absolutely, positively, totally fine. I actually kind of like it even. It's definitely in the conversation for best Timberwolves set yet. But that has a lot more to do with Minnesota never having any worthwhile uniforms.