Soblito

Minnesota Timberwolves

BrianLion    970
3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Their shorts look like swim trunks man

I can imagine the brandspeak that will come out about these: 

"Our shorts have the striping pattern of swim trunks from the 1950's as a nod to the land of 10,000 lakes and also the last time this City had a relevant basketball team..." 

gosioux76    122
8 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

This Minnesota set is absolutely, positively, totally fine. I actually kind of like it even. It's definitely in the conversation for best Timberwolves set yet. But that has a lot more to do with Minnesota never having any worthwhile uniforms. 

I don't disagree, but for the absence of green. I get the instinct to be subtle with a neon accent color, but there's such a thing as being too subtle. 

These would be 1,000x better had they outlined the word mark and numbers in green.

And since someone brought up the Seahawks, there's a good example of how to incorporate eon green into a set with subtlety. 

the admiral    9,896

Can't believe a team that couldn't finish 8th of 15 for 13 years in a row and counting would botch anything.

Lights Out    2,058

pBKr84i.jpg

nJq2kyt.jpg

lb7pn28.jpg

Funkatron101    187

I still can't shake the "sailing" feeling to this set. I have realized why. This is completely on-brand to Nautica. A company that emphasizes sailing with clothing with thick horizontal navy lines. I just don't associate Nautica with Minnesota, or wolves.

Which is a shame, because overall I actually really like the set.

the admiral    9,896

The kindest thing I can say about the uniforms is that they seem to fit Tom Thibodeau's vision of a no-nonsense, grind-it-out team, but the uniforms will probably outlast Thibodeau, and then what?

Germanshepherd    516

When the Wolves play the Mavericks 

IMG_1337.JPG

JerseyJosh    201

Now I can officially say I'm disappointed but it could be worse I guess... 

these have a summer/pool vibe to me. 

I think the bottom stiping on shorts is much too wide and the top of the jersey striping seems unnecessary. 

5.5/10. 

Jack Holmes    194

They're naturally well put together, I guess. But they're terrible as Timberwolves jerseys. The lack of green is incredibly disappointing. They look the Eastern Conference all-star team from two years ago. 

KittSmith_95    610

They don"t look awful, but these lack something..... on yeah..... GREEN!

Now, it's not all bad. Eve though these copy the Wizards jerseys, they do end up looking nice. Had this been used for the Dallas Mavericks, I'd have have no issue.... and I worry that Green alternate that was sort of leaked is going to stick out like a sore thumb. 

Hoopladawg87    360

The only good thing I will say about these is that I really like the 'MINNESOTA' script on the Icon Edition -- the narrow characters look significantly better than the wide characters. The 'WOLVES' script isn't terrible, but looks noticeably more awkward next to that 'MINNESOTA' script.