Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't like how they've been using the new font for a lot more than the words "MINNESOTA" and "TIMBERWOLVES." Like, pick another font to display when you write "ASSOCIATION" or "NEW THREDS." 

Overall I'm just really disappointed with this identity. I can't tell what's more terrible: the shade of green, or the fact that it's barely incorporated into the uniform set. I get the sense that they'll end up with a terribly generic green alternate that will 1. feature this terrible shade of green 2. way too much.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Don't you see?  The awful Pacers and Nuggets uniforms were meant to lower your expectations.  These are totally superior in comparison.  Illuminati Confirminatti.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Ok i'm starting to actually like these. BUT they would look 1000000x better with more green. Interested to see if anyone re-creates these with more green to see how they look.

Also that no waistband logo is awful and awkward. Shoulda had that ball logo on it.

Objectively, I like the originality of the uniform design. The color palette is great too.

Subjectively, the Wolves left a disappointing amount of creativity on the table (more emphasis on green, incorporation of tree pattern, use of belt logo, etc.).

ujsignature.png

8 minutes ago, Delux247 said:

Objectively, I like the originality of the uniform design. The color palette is great too.

Subjectively, the Wolves left a disappointing amount of creativity on the table (more emphasis on green, incorporation of tree pattern, use of belt logo, etc.).

I've started to warm up to the color scheme.  The shorts are OK. I really, really hate the poor-person's Wizards design of the jersey, though.  But even in the couple of hours since I first saw them, I've probably gone from a D-minus to a C-minus.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

No trace of green in either primary uniform?erxcdjlfkleigcdylrvo.gif.efe1cbf2bdf3f71995d5765172923d16.gif

Opportunity wasted. But we'll see about the other two alternates.

I like the bar, but the font is just too hokey for my liking.

We might need to channel Tobias Funke and subtitle this and the Nuggets' threads "We blue ourselves."

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I think I'm in the minority when I say I kinda like them. When they released their new logo, I knew for a fact that there would be little-to-no green. The numbers are a bit wonky (and large), but it could've been worse. The horizontal stripe actually hides the ad a bit so it's not the first thing I see.

All and all, this is a fairly solid set, though I personally don't think it fits with the Wolves.

Taken in a vacuum and if you took the "Minnesota" and "Wolves" off the respective jerseys and I told you this was the new template for say the Clippers, a team that's on a coast with an actual nautical theme to them, it's a solid yet unspectacular look.

But to throw this on a team from the Upper Midwest named after a large, canine animal  and it's a huge WTF???

This is akin to having flames on the side of a jersey for a team called the Pilgrims or something. 

It's like Nike built this uni template for some other team who was like "Nah, we're good."  And the Wolves went and dove in the dumpster to recover it and slap their wordmarks on it to save the time and effort. 

Archived