Soblito

Minnesota Timberwolves

Jack Holmes    194
18 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Also they have no waistband logo

It's low-key disheartening that they could go through the work of a rebrand and not find room to put a logo on there (like a tree or just the wolf head).

TaylorMade    291
2 minutes ago, Jack Holmes said:

It's low-key disheartening that they could go through the work of a rebrand and not find room to put a logo on there (like a tree or just the wolf head).

5793_minnesota_timberwolves-alternate-2018.png

suns1977    260
1 minute ago, Jack Holmes said:

ESPECIALLY the wolf head.  I think I saw a small howling wolf on the side of the shorts, but IMHO it should be incorporated more.

Red Wolf    562
24 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I don't disagree, but for the absence of green. I get the instinct to be subtle with a neon accent color, but there's such a thing as being too subtle. 

These would be 1,000x better had they outlined the word mark and numbers in green.

And since someone brought up the Seahawks, there's a good example of how to incorporate eon green into a set with subtlety. 

Some green would have been great. We have so many multi-blue teams in the world, it would have been a nice way to separate them from the others. 

gosioux76    122
3 minutes ago, Jack Holmes said:

That would've meant more green. From the looks of these, it appears that keeping green to a nearly non-visible minimum was a design objective.

JESSEDIEBOLT    101
Just now, Bradbury said:

Just the tiniest little hint of green on the jersey, inside the hem slit. So weird.

Which will be tucked into the shorts and unseen on court.

DeFrank    131

I really don't like how they've been using the new font for a lot more than the words "MINNESOTA" and "TIMBERWOLVES." Like, pick another font to display when you write "ASSOCIATION" or "NEW THREDS." 

Overall I'm just really disappointed with this identity. I can't tell what's more terrible: the shade of green, or the fact that it's barely incorporated into the uniform set. I get the sense that they'll end up with a terribly generic green alternate that will 1. feature this terrible shade of green 2. way too much.

CS85    5,110

Don't you see?  The awful Pacers and Nuggets uniforms were meant to lower your expectations.  These are totally superior in comparison.  Illuminati Confirminatti.

DJT    42

Ok i'm starting to actually like these. BUT they would look 1000000x better with more green. Interested to see if anyone re-creates these with more green to see how they look.

Also that no waistband logo is awful and awkward. Shoulda had that ball logo on it.

KittSmith_95    606
44 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

5793_minnesota_timberwolves-alternate-2018.png

Still can't shake not seeing a Orange here or a Blueberry.... 

bowld    510
5 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Still can't shake not seeing a Orange here or a Blueberry.... 

6a00e55168107b8833016301bd5649970d-320wi

Delux247    37

Objectively, I like the originality of the uniform design. The color palette is great too.

Subjectively, the Wolves left a disappointing amount of creativity on the table (more emphasis on green, incorporation of tree pattern, use of belt logo, etc.).