Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

It's pretty obvious that the entire point of the jersey striping is to draw attention to the swoosh and the sponsor logo. It's the Ree-box from NHL Edge 1.0 taken to the next level.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a vacuum, I like the jerseys. Just not necessarily for the Wolves. I know they changed their color scheme, but it doesn't feel very "timberwolves-y" especially without the green. Looks like a a fashion jersey for the Mavs from the PDiddy jersey days.

35 minutes ago, Bmac said:

I spoke to my friend that does marketing for the team, he said they really wanted to do something bold and have a unique look. They felt it's the perfect time to make a big change and try something new.

He also said to plan on seeing a lot of the green jerseys.

But... they didn't try something new. They took the Wizards' uniforms and recolored them in the Mavs' color scheme. It fails on every conceivable level.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

really like these, except for the lack of green.  Maybe the thinner horizontal stripe over the wordmarks could have been green.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Everything about this re-brand has been a downgrade with these dull-as-paint uniforms taking the cake.  I'll never understand what was wrong with this set.  The colours were unique to the league & attractive, the template was relevant to the team name and it tipped the hat to the era where they achieved the most success.

WmP64is.jpg

Always liked this color scheme and this stripe pattern. Just wish the Seahawks/Maverick and Wizards didn't own them first, respectively.

still looks less dated than every other set they've ever had, though... so I say upgrade.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

So here's my $.02...Objectively, they are a really sharp, clean, modern uniform with a nice color scheme. For generic double-blue team A, the new Timberwolves uniforms would be a very nice start.

However, they are not even close to what I was expecting/hoping for and are not in line at all with what I have come to expect from the Timberwolves from a uniform perspective. The new logos were really nice. Obviously the double blue was prominent, but it seemed like the new green would be featured more than just in a small triangle at the bottom of the shorts. Why even put it there at all? A tree pattern on the side panels, cuffs, sublimated, anywhere would At least give these well designed, but boring uniforms some character. 

I don't hate Minnesota's new uniforms, I'm just really disappointed, considering they could have been so much more.They had so much to draw inspiration from. Just a little bit of their bright green, when implemented correctly, can go a long way and they could have owned it. We got something good but It missed the mark, IMO.

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

These would be great if they were for the Mavs.  Huge wasted opportunity to embrace the lime green; looks like the Blazers are the only team so far to come out ahead this summer and even they blew a golden opportunity to bring back the bauhaus font.

Someone should Photoshop the Mavs wordmark on the new T-Wolves jerseys.

It might look better than what we got.

You guys are too kind, they try to clear 3 levels of matchboxes, but they ALWAYS, ALWAYS, fall underground before reaching them,

Grade: ZZZZ-

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Archived