Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

Stumbled on this, posted when the white jerseys were leaked. I don't know how reliable the source is, since it is a fan page, but I'm assuming the green jersey is a mock-up from the NBA 2k18 picture that leaked. 

This is probably close to if not what we end up seeing. 

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how people are divided on these. It seems to be 50/50. I think these are sharp. And I do not care so much about the fact that a uniform must mimic the name of the team (especially when one chooses to name his team after an animal). I also think that the minimalist use of green is appropriate, because it has such a small space in the logo anyway. These will still look really fresh in 10 years, especially if KAT, Wiggins and Butler manage to create some magic in the coming future.

Thank you Timberwolves for testing something new. I was so incredibly tired of the previous set.

Also noted their new wordmark from their website. Looks quite okay.

Skärmavbild 2017-08-11 kl. 09.01.13.png

After considering it. I think these are easily bottom 3 in the league along with Dallas and Denver. The waste of potential is massive. One of the best logo sets and color ways in the league and you end up with a mix of the Mavericks, Wizards and Walmart summer fashion with a severe lack of your most interesting color. The Garnett years were the best they've had, even though it'd seem outdated today. The next set almost nailed it but ruined it with awful word mark and number font. Then they slowly removed personality from the uniform. Shame. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 hour ago, Ben in LA said:

Maybe the third jersey will have green to silence the critics.

The third jersey will probably be primarily green...which in my opinion makes it even worse. It'll make them look like a totally different team. If they want a green jersey, then they need to have some green on the primaries.

The more I see these the more I like the color combo...I am OK with the limited amount of green. And I don't need the tree pattern as much as other fans do.  But it still feels like they swung and missed.  It still looks like a re-colored Wizards summer league jersey or something.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I love Minnesota's new uniforms.  The font on the wordmarks and the numbers is a clear improvement over the previous font.  The smooth curves are much more attractive than the weird angles found on the old font, a font which would have been appropriate for a children's book about a haunted house.

Also, the colours are beautiful; and the stripes are very sharp.  The look is innovative without being undignified. The overall effect is a very comfortable and cool feel.  This is superb.  

(This uniform makes me even more annoyed at the Nets, who should have been able to create a clean look that is as interesting as Minnesota's, instead of their uncreatively drab look.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

These jerseys are unique, but i wish there was a little more consistency between the sets, especially in terms of what the focus of the jersey is. The navy uniform has nice contrast with the white wordmark and number and lower stripe, and the shoulder ist a tonal change. So I tried to give the white uniform a similar effect by making the navy gray and the blue navy. 

jersey-history_17_JL-3.jpg

23 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Blue/green is right there for any NBA team to own and the Mavs and Wolves keep on blowing it.

The Mavs definitely have no excuse now that Minnesota seems to be content where they are. The door's wide open and I sure hope they jump in next season.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

While i was out at a sporting goods store earlier today, my eyes happened upon this:

20170812_133309.thumb.jpg.1eac74cc48718ff20df7f87a51fafa99.jpg

And then it hit me...

mntw-jersey-unveil-nike-points-front-170.thumb.png.f2ccff23bd416097222ce931fb83cc31.png

Just sayin'.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

A huge letdown, not much more to say here. We were all expecting lime green and trees. This template is not bad per se, though, but would fit a team named the Seagulls (or even Clippers for that matter) better for it's marine feel. Was also expecting the wordmark on the navy jersey (yes, I'm not gonna call these by their flat-out dumb new marketing names) to be the same font as the "Wolves" on the white jersey, and not this condensed version.

7 hours ago, truepg said:

A huge letdown, not much more to say here. We were all expecting lime green and trees. This template is not bad per se, though, but would fit a team named the Seagulls (or even Clippers for that matter) better for it's marine feel. Was also expecting the wordmark on the navy jersey (yes, I'm not gonna call these by their flat-out dumb new marketing names) to be the same font as the "Wolves" on the white jersey, and not this condensed version.

It definitely gives a marine feel. To be fair...Minnesota is the Land of 10,000 lakes. It may not be by the sea but there is plenty of credibility to a Marine inspired look for   a team that represents Minnesota even if it is an odd direction.  Hopefully the other two uniforms have more of a forest/wolf  inspired  appearance. 

I like a lot of what Minnesota is doing, but there has not been a cohesive presentation of the identity yet.  That's the problem.  They provided a micro site  explaining a lot of the ideas of the logos and colors with videos, but then just they kinda just sent tweets with photos of the jerseys...

Hopefully there is a nice summary at some point of the identity; The jerseys, the court, the logos, etc. which could shed light on some of the basis of ideas that have been presented so far,  even if that concept isn't what people expected, it would provide insight. 

On 8/11/2017 at 3:00 PM, jlentz823 said:

These jerseys are unique, but i wish there was a little more consistency between the sets, especially in terms of what the focus of the jersey is. The navy uniform has nice contrast with the white wordmark and number and lower stripe, and the shoulder ist a tonal change. So I tried to give the white uniform a similar effect by making the navy gray and the blue navy. 

jersey-history_17_JL-3.jpg

That’s a great change. Grey makes a lot of sense for a team called the Wolves, and there’s still a lot of opportunity for them to own it, especially in combination with blue and a hint of green. I think you probably only need one blue at that point, but it definitely feels less generic, even if it is more Seahawksy.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

5 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

That’s a great change. Grey makes a lot of sense for a team called the Wolves, and there’s still a lot of opportunity for them to own it, especially in combination with blue and a hint of green. I think you probably only need one blue at that point, but it definitely feels less generic, even if it is more Seahawksy.

I'm really hoping one of the jerseys to be revealed is gray with white as the top of shoulders and bottom of shorts. The second line could be the green. Maybe ill mock it up later

Think a gray wolf treking through the snow and the snow on its back.

wolf_snow_winter_predator_101422_1920x10

It's a fine looking set of logos and fine looking script. But I think it would look so much nicer without that Wizards template or that upper torso stripe. Even after taking some time to get used to the new look, I still don't think it fits.

Archived