Soblito

Minnesota Timberwolves

kroywen    1,370

Very, very sharp. Probably the best uniforms in Wolves history. I wish they incorporated a heavy amount of green into it rather than a second blue, but the two-tone blue scheme does look pretty good.

Buc    457

While i was out at a sporting goods store earlier today, my eyes happened upon this:

20170812_133309.thumb.jpg.1eac74cc48718ff20df7f87a51fafa99.jpg

And then it hit me...

mntw-jersey-unveil-nike-points-front-170.thumb.png.f2ccff23bd416097222ce931fb83cc31.png

Just sayin'.

truepg    112

A huge letdown, not much more to say here. We were all expecting lime green and trees. This template is not bad per se, though, but would fit a team named the Seagulls (or even Clippers for that matter) better for it's marine feel. Was also expecting the wordmark on the navy jersey (yes, I'm not gonna call these by their flat-out dumb new marketing names) to be the same font as the "Wolves" on the white jersey, and not this condensed version.

jlentz823    30
7 hours ago, truepg said:

A huge letdown, not much more to say here. We were all expecting lime green and trees. This template is not bad per se, though, but would fit a team named the Seagulls (or even Clippers for that matter) better for it's marine feel. Was also expecting the wordmark on the navy jersey (yes, I'm not gonna call these by their flat-out dumb new marketing names) to be the same font as the "Wolves" on the white jersey, and not this condensed version.

It definitely gives a marine feel. To be fair...Minnesota is the Land of 10,000 lakes. It may not be by the sea but there is plenty of credibility to a Marine inspired look for   a team that represents Minnesota even if it is an odd direction.  Hopefully the other two uniforms have more of a forest/wolf  inspired  appearance. 

I like a lot of what Minnesota is doing, but there has not been a cohesive presentation of the identity yet.  That's the problem.  They provided a micro site  explaining a lot of the ideas of the logos and colors with videos, but then just they kinda just sent tweets with photos of the jerseys...

Hopefully there is a nice summary at some point of the identity; The jerseys, the court, the logos, etc. which could shed light on some of the basis of ideas that have been presented so far,  even if that concept isn't what people expected, it would provide insight. 

On 8/11/2017 at 3:00 PM, jlentz823 said:

These jerseys are unique, but i wish there was a little more consistency between the sets, especially in terms of what the focus of the jersey is. The navy uniform has nice contrast with the white wordmark and number and lower stripe, and the shoulder ist a tonal change. So I tried to give the white uniform a similar effect by making the navy gray and the blue navy. 

jersey-history_17_JL-3.jpg

That’s a great change. Grey makes a lot of sense for a team called the Wolves, and there’s still a lot of opportunity for them to own it, especially in combination with blue and a hint of green. I think you probably only need one blue at that point, but it definitely feels less generic, even if it is more Seahawksy.

jlentz823    30
5 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

That’s a great change. Grey makes a lot of sense for a team called the Wolves, and there’s still a lot of opportunity for them to own it, especially in combination with blue and a hint of green. I think you probably only need one blue at that point, but it definitely feels less generic, even if it is more Seahawksy.

I'm really hoping one of the jerseys to be revealed is gray with white as the top of shoulders and bottom of shorts. The second line could be the green. Maybe ill mock it up later

Think a gray wolf treking through the snow and the snow on its back.

wolf_snow_winter_predator_101422_1920x10

habsfan1    1,242

It's a fine looking set of logos and fine looking script. But I think it would look so much nicer without that Wizards template or that upper torso stripe. Even after taking some time to get used to the new look, I still don't think it fits.

McCarthy    6,413
On 8/12/2017 at 7:30 PM, Buc said:

While i was out at a sporting goods store earlier today, my eyes happened upon this:

20170812_133309.thumb.jpg.1eac74cc48718ff20df7f87a51fafa99.jpg

And then it hit me...

mntw-jersey-unveil-nike-points-front-170.thumb.png.f2ccff23bd416097222ce931fb83cc31.png

Just sayin'.

Nice catch. My thinking was a beach towel, which would be perfect for the Clippers now that I think about it. Not so great for a team in the Twin Cities who plays a winter time sport. 

DrJack    2

I can't help but see some similarities here:

Minne LP.jpg

minnesota white.jpg

- Two tone blue
- Stripes at top and bottom

- Very minimal green

Maybe this design is more "Minnesota" than I originally thought.

upperV03    1,916

From the 2K18 trailer, a few more looks at the new court for the Wolves:

IMG_6889.thumb.PNG.630b8344e22c9c1440197bdd5d540ab6.PNGIMG_6890.thumb.PNG.6ef1587fd32b44d57ab70735d8e6e05d.PNGIMG_6891.thumb.JPG.fd5daa48a697a29c19797e328d7d88a0.JPG

Confirmation of "MINNESOTA" on one baseline, and "TIMBERWOLVES" on the other.

buckeye    211

I love Blue as much as the next guy, but having two tones of Blue that are hardly a difference is just plain bad from a design standpoint. How you have a color like green in your palette and don't utilize it is beyond me, but it's the Wolves after all.

steppenwolf    4
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

From the 2K18 trailer, a few more looks at the new court for the Wolves:

IMG_6891.thumb.JPG.fd5daa48a697a29c19797e328d7d88a0.JPG

Confirmation of "MINNESOTA" on one baseline, and "TIMBERWOLVES" on the other.

I hope that this isn't the final court design. The court just looks busy with too much blue and overuse of their team name. IMO they shouldn't use the primary logo since the baselines already says MINNESOTA & TIMBERWOLVES. Instead, the center court should have the secondary logo. 

arctantica    0
2 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

I hope that this isn't the final court design. The court just looks busy with too much blue and overuse of their team name. IMO they shouldn't use the primary logo since the baselines already says MINNESOTA & TIMBERWOLVES. Instead, the center court should have the secondary logo. 

Based on similar (or identical) previous leaks of the NBA 2K court, our local Associate Press sports writer responded on twitter that this isn't the final court design, and is likely just a placeholder.  He was accurate on some other uniform predictions and is pretty dialed into the club so I'd feel confident about his response.  

JESSEDIEBOLT    101
2 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

Busy? I was going to say plain AF.

Tracy MidGrady    130
5 hours ago, buckeye said:

I love Blue as much as the next guy, but having two tones of Blue that are hardly a difference is just plain bad from a design standpoint. How you have a color like green in your palette and don't utilize it is beyond me, but it's the Wolves after all.

They'll probably end up replacing one of the blues with green in 5 years

Discogod    258
13 hours ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

They'll probably end up replacing one of the blues with green a different shade of blue in 5 years

Fixed that for you.