Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This ugly lime green alternate completely cements this rebrand as a huge L. Their logo package was already a downgrade, then they introduce those bland-@ss uniforms without any green or tree motif, and then they unveil a third uniform which is completely lime green that looks hideous. Just how hard was it to use some green in the two primaries, and then make a third jersey that is not out of place entirely lime green?

WTF Minnesota?!

• 4 weeks later...

Timberwolves new marketing campaign is using #AllEyesNorth

The repeating tree pattern from last year was nice and some thought it might show on the uniform at some point, but now clear they are going in a pretty minimalist route.

Interesting use of the rune A in design and how grouping illicits multiple readings: north arrow, simple silhouette of a tree, forest, etc

and some nice graphics gifs to help launch the campaign

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/918116601001541632

set2-mockup.png

TW1718-Homeopener-1400x400-92012.png

On 14/09/2017 at 12:53 PM, Conrad. said:

MIN.png 

I'm surprised at how BRIGHT that green is. Will be interesting to see the actual uni, but I'd imagine it will use Nike's "Action Green" color, which looks like this:

47102.jpg

I don't believe the statement uni is "action green" I believe Nike has given it another name.

Jaguars

4 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Oh great, now the Wolves and the Raptors are inevitably going to get into an argument over who owns "the North."

Given Minneapolis/St. Paul's lattitude compared to that of Toronto, it would seem like a short argument

48 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

And I can't wait for the Blazers to come in that Twitter beef and own them both.

Funny thing is, this already happened back in 2014 when the Raptors debuted their "We The North" slogan. Same three teams involved.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

^Yep:

After seeing the Wolves start this new “All Eyes North” marketing campaign, I’m really hoping my Blazers do something this year to mock them, just like they did to the Raptors a few years ago. After all, they are truly the northernmost team in the league right now. Obviously both the Raptors’ and Wolves’ marketing slogans have much more to them than latitude, but that’s what both look like on the surface level.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, the heat suck said:

Funny thing is, this already happened back in 2014 when the Raptors debuted their "We The North" slogan. Same three teams involved.

Image result for that's the joke meme

But seriously, the Wolves are just opening themselves up to the same open-pit Twitter roasting the Blazers gave the Raptors.

I wouldn't be surprised if Portland trademarked the slogan "The Real North" or something.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

6 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Image result for that's the joke meme

But seriously, the Wolves are just opening themselves up to the same open-pit Twitter roasting the Blazers gave the Raptors.

I wouldn't be surprised if Portland trademarked the slogan "The Real North" or something.

Clippers should move to Alaska and put this argument to bed.

Archived