Soblito

Minnesota Timberwolves

Oh great, now the Wolves and the Raptors are inevitably going to get into an argument over who owns "the North."

3 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Oh great, now the Wolves and the Raptors are inevitably going to get into an argument over who owns "the North."

Can't wait for the inevitable Twitter beef.

4 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Given Minneapolis/St. Paul's lattitude compared to that of Toronto, it would seem like a short argument

Just now, the heat suck said:

Can't wait for the inevitable Twitter beef.

And I can't wait for the Blazers to come in that Twitter beef and own them both.

48 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

And I can't wait for the Blazers to come in that Twitter beef and own them both.

Funny thing is, this already happened back in 2014 when the Raptors debuted their "We The North" slogan. Same three teams involved.

^Yep:

After seeing the Wolves start this new “All Eyes North” marketing campaign, I’m really hoping my Blazers do something this year to mock them, just like they did to the Raptors a few years ago. After all, they are truly the northernmost team in the league right now. Obviously both the Raptors’ and Wolves’ marketing slogans have much more to them than latitude, but that’s what both look like on the surface level.

2 hours ago, the heat suck said:

Funny thing is, this already happened back in 2014 when the Raptors debuted their "We The North" slogan. Same three teams involved.

Image result for that's the joke meme

But seriously, the Wolves are just opening themselves up to the same open-pit Twitter roasting the Blazers gave the Raptors.

I wouldn't be surprised if Portland trademarked the slogan "The Real North" or something.

6 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Image result for that's the joke meme

But seriously, the Wolves are just opening themselves up to the same open-pit Twitter roasting the Blazers gave the Raptors.

I wouldn't be surprised if Portland trademarked the slogan "The Real North" or something.

Clippers should move to Alaska and put this argument to bed.

1 hour ago, sayahh said:

Clippers should move to Alaska and put this argument to bed.

Which means we can laugh at them even more.

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

^Yep:

After seeing the Wolves start this new “All Eyes North” marketing campaign, I’m really hoping my Blazers do something this year to mock them, just like they did to the Raptors a few years ago. After all, they are truly the northernmost team in the league right now. Obviously both the Raptors’ and Wolves’ marketing slogans have much more to them than latitude, but that’s what both look like on the surface level.

I'll give you that the Raptors dumb "We The North" slogan does come off as saying that they and only they are the North.  The Wolves on the other hand is pretty generic and "All Eyes North" is mostly just referring to the fact they're in the Northern US, and their logo is a wolf howling up at the North Star, which is one of the state's nicknames. 

If the Blazers come after them for that they look like a bunch of  terrible, pendantic "well actually" nerds. 

Am I the only one not satisfied with the Wolves' new look? Now they have the same color situation as Dallas... Double blue, silver, and they can’t decide if they want to use green or not.

4 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

Am I the only one not satisfied with the Wolves' new look? Now they have the same color situation as Dallas... Double blue, silver, and they can’t decide if they want to use green or not.

No. Hell no.

2 hours ago, Teal said:

Any idea what colour the 4th jersey will be?

I'd assume black but it would not stun me if it was something wild like a silver base colour.

On 10/14/2017 at 8:24 AM, Conrad. said:

Looks like a completely different green.  If anything it shows how the logo could have been salvageable had they used their previous shade instead of the hideous "lime."

The Wolves logos, colors, etc?  Fine.  

Their uniforms are boring as hell and devoid of personality or anything that suggests they stand out.

51 minutes ago, CS85 said:

The Wolves logos, colors, etc?  Fine.  

Their uniforms are boring as hell and devoid of personality or anything that suggests they stand out.

I'm with you. Great job on the logo and colors. I give the unis a couple of years tops, and they become extremely dated.

Timberwolves home uniform schedule. Does this mean grey jerseys? I personally hope so. Not a fan of the idea of a black jersey.