Soblito

Minnesota Timberwolves

Recommended Posts

Oh great, now the Wolves and the Raptors are inevitably going to get into an argument over who owns "the North."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Oh great, now the Wolves and the Raptors are inevitably going to get into an argument over who owns "the North."

Can't wait for the inevitable Twitter beef.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Oh great, now the Wolves and the Raptors are inevitably going to get into an argument over who owns "the North."

 

Given Minneapolis/St. Paul's lattitude compared to that of Toronto, it would seem like a short argument

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, the heat suck said:

Can't wait for the inevitable Twitter beef.

And I can't wait for the Blazers to come in that Twitter beef and own them both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

And I can't wait for the Blazers to come in that Twitter beef and own them both.

Funny thing is, this already happened back in 2014 when the Raptors debuted their "We The North" slogan. Same three teams involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Yep:

After seeing the Wolves start this new “All Eyes North” marketing campaign, I’m really hoping my Blazers do something this year to mock them, just like they did to the Raptors a few years ago. After all, they are truly the northernmost team in the league right now. Obviously both the Raptors’ and Wolves’ marketing slogans have much more to them than latitude, but that’s what both look like on the surface level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the heat suck said:

Funny thing is, this already happened back in 2014 when the Raptors debuted their "We The North" slogan. Same three teams involved.

Image result for that's the joke meme

But seriously, the Wolves are just opening themselves up to the same open-pit Twitter roasting the Blazers gave the Raptors.

I wouldn't be surprised if Portland trademarked the slogan "The Real North" or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Image result for that's the joke meme

But seriously, the Wolves are just opening themselves up to the same open-pit Twitter roasting the Blazers gave the Raptors.

I wouldn't be surprised if Portland trademarked the slogan "The Real North" or something.

Clippers should move to Alaska and put this argument to bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sayahh said:

Clippers should move to Alaska and put this argument to bed.

Which means we can laugh at them even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

^Yep:

After seeing the Wolves start this new “All Eyes North” marketing campaign, I’m really hoping my Blazers do something this year to mock them, just like they did to the Raptors a few years ago. After all, they are truly the northernmost team in the league right now. Obviously both the Raptors’ and Wolves’ marketing slogans have much more to them than latitude, but that’s what both look like on the surface level.

 

I'll give you that the Raptors dumb "We The North" slogan does come off as saying that they and only they are the North.  The Wolves on the other hand is pretty generic and "All Eyes North" is mostly just referring to the fact they're in the Northern US, and their logo is a wolf howling up at the North Star, which is one of the state's nicknames. 

 

If the Blazers come after them for that they look like a bunch of  terrible, pendantic "well actually" nerds. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one not satisfied with the Wolves' new look? Now they have the same color situation as Dallas... Double blue, silver, and they can’t decide if they want to use green or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

Am I the only one not satisfied with the Wolves' new look? Now they have the same color situation as Dallas... Double blue, silver, and they can’t decide if they want to use green or not.

No. Hell no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Teal said:

Any idea what colour the 4th jersey will be?

I'd assume black but it would not stun me if it was something wild like a silver base colour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2017 at 8:24 AM, Conrad. said:

 

 

Looks like a completely different green.  If anything it shows how the logo could have been salvageable had they used their previous shade instead of the hideous "lime."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wolves logos, colors, etc?  Fine.  

Their uniforms are boring as hell and devoid of personality or anything that suggests they stand out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, CS85 said:

The Wolves logos, colors, etc?  Fine.  

Their uniforms are boring as hell and devoid of personality or anything that suggests they stand out.

 

I'm with you. Great job on the logo and colors. I give the unis a couple of years tops, and they become extremely dated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Timberwolves home uniform schedule. Does this mean grey jerseys? I personally hope so. Not a fan of the idea of a black jersey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now