Soblito

Minnesota Timberwolves

426 posts in this topic

Why is this a thing now?  Cities with longer names were never an issue before, but now it seems franchises are trying their hardest to condense and reduce name size on jerseys.  Its 2017, we have HD and 4K TV's, we can make out the letters.   

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Why is this a thing now?  Cities with longer names were never an issue before, but now it seems franchises are trying their hardest to condense and reduce name size on jerseys.  Its 2017, we have HD and 4K TV's, we can make out the letters.   

 

It all started with Phoenix's PHX jersey and then spread to Atlanta, New Orleans, Portland, Detroit and Charlotte. I am sure I am missing someone else. But, point being ... it is dumb. I can see a point for PHX, ATL, NOLA (my favorite) and even DC. But, Rip City, Motor City, Buzz City, Clutch City -- keep them off the jerseys. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kimball said:

It all started with Phoenix's PHX jersey and then spread to Atlanta, New Orleans, Portland, Detroit and Charlotte. I am sure I am missing someone else. But, point being ... it is dumb. I can see a point for PHX, ATL, NOLA (my favorite) and even DC. But, Rip City, Motor City, Buzz City, Clutch City -- keep them off the jerseys. 

 

wilt-chamberlain-1968-7.jpg

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love PHILA on the jerseys.  Philadelphia is long and not aesthetically pleasing.  Like my wang.  

22 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2017 at 8:51 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I love PHILA on the jerseys.  Philadelphia is long and not aesthetically pleasing.  Like my wang.  

POTY

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2017 at 8:51 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I love PHILA on the jerseys.  Philadelphia is long and not aesthetically pleasing.  Like my wang.  

 

It looks good and is functional.  Nothing wrong with it.  Just correcting the claim that PHX was the first abbreviated home name on a jersey.  Philly started it all.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

 

It looks good and is functional.  Nothing wrong with it.  Just correcting the claim that PHX was the first abbreviated home name on a jersey.  Philly started it all.

 

I can't believe you followed up a post in which BBTV mentions his wang by saying "It looks good and is functional.  Nothing wrong with it."

17 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I can't believe you followed up a post in which BBTV mentions his wang by saying "It looks good and is functional.  Nothing wrong with it."

 

Taking a sip of water before reading this post was a bad idea.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2017 at 6:42 PM, Silent Wind of Doom said:

 

wilt-chamberlain-1968-7.jpg

 

Right. I guess I should have clarified, meaning the current craze with it, because there was a good 30-35 years between the PHILA jerseys and Phoenix's PHX look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2017 at 5:51 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I love PHILA on the jerseys.  Philadelphia is long and not aesthetically pleasing.  Like my wang.  

 

Well, that was certainly something...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kimball said:

 

Right. I guess I should have clarified, meaning the current craze with it, because there was a good 30-35 years between the PHILA jerseys and Phoenix's PHX look. 

More Minnesota-y would be this:

mpls-lakers-666x426.jpg

 

Granted it's more of an abbreviation, but it's the same concept.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

2 days....

Really hoping they don't mess this one up, the T-Wolves have great design potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2017 at 11:13 AM, Silent Wind of Doom said:

 

It looks good and is functional.  Nothing wrong with it. 

Like MY wang!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2017 at 8:46 PM, Old School Fool said:

 

Well, that was certainly something...

That's what she said?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Like MY wang!

 

you owe me a nickel.

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

you owe me a nickle.

 

 

A nickle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

Really hoping they don't mess this one up, the T-Wolves have great design potential.

 

I don't know why, but I just don't have a good feeling about this one.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now