Maine Black Bears Logo UPDATE: Full Body Version

hettinger_rl

If Maine isn't thinking of overhauling their current logo, then they should be. IMO it looks like a mess.

6108_maine_black_bears-secondary-1999.png

I took a look through some black bear reference photos and drew up a logo. I'm pretty comfortable with the shape (although it could still be missing something) but need help on settling in on colors: A,B,C,D are based on current colors- E,F are more natural. Let me know what you think.

BearWMp.pngBBear4WMp.png

CBear3WMp.pngDBear5WMp.png

EBear6WMp.pngFBear7WMp.png

And a black version:

Bear8WM.png

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

whoa.  i think these are amazing!  Great work!  One of the best bear logos i've seen. I prefer F overall, but of the just Maine colored ones i'd go with A or D.  While the others look great, the darker options will be the best to fit the animal. 

See, the problem is that the team is specifically called the BLACK Bears, but none of these bears are black. Can we see a black version?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

8 minutes ago, nash61 said:

See, the problem is that the team is specifically called the BLACK Bears, but none of these bears are black. Can we see a black version?

Added.

I'm playing around with removing the pupils to make it seem less anthropomorphized..... thoughts?

Bear1-1.pngBear4-1.pngBear5-1.png

Bear7-1.pngBear8-1.png

"B" has the best contrasting colors.

If you want a black bear you could try shades of black CMYK   0 0 0 100 ,   0 0 0 80,   0 0 0 50 (instead of brown) and   0 0 0 0.

I would consider thickening some of the thinner lined areas (lips, eyes, nose, forehead) to lessen the illustration feel it has.

21 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Even if they're called the Black Bears, the logo and jersey above is fantastic.

Yeah, it's hard for some to get past the fact that the name is BLACK Bears. But, it's referring to the species that's called black bears not it's color. Black bears can range from black to brown to blackish blue to charcoal and even cream and white (and I don't mean albino).

10 minutes ago, B-mer said:

pretty awesome.  Well done.  You wouldn't want to make a black and gold bruins version of that bear by chance?  :P

BBRUIN.png

that's pretty cool.  I was thinking of a gold bear with black detailing, like Andy Moog's mask or something, but still really cool.

i think keep the eyes. Without it you could see it as the highlights on the brows as the eyes and then it's just dark detailing underneath

15 hours ago, Spanna65 said:

By any chance could you turn down your watermark? If you lower the opacity it will still have the same effect.

30 minutes ago, B-mer said:

it is a little distracting.  i almost said something as well. 

Full body logo looks great.

Would something like this be more agreeable?

x.png

Archived