Liga Nacional de Béisbol (National Baseball League): a fantasy Spanish Baseball League (24/24 + Colour Schemes)

Victormrey

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

You've got a real knack for arranging letters to produce clever logos. This one is no exception!

Somehow I knew you'd go with a red & brown color scheme and I wasn't disappointed.

Thanks! For the next team I'll use a not only-letter logo, you'll see ;)

Burgos logo is awesome! I'm really enjoying this thread, everything has a nice retro look!

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

You've got a real knack for arranging letters to produce clever logos. This one is no exception!

Somehow I knew you'd go with a red & brown color scheme and I wasn't disappointed.

Thank you! Yes, I tried to give a kind of retro look to the designs, glad you like it.

Moving on to the Province of Biscay.

LOBOS DE BILBAO (BILBAO WOLVES)

Bilbao, Basque Country

I chose the name "Lobos" (Wolves) because there are two of them in the city Coat of Arms (which symbolize de House of Haro, founders of Bilbao). The primary logo is a B which incorporates the L at its left side. For the logo from the alternate uniform I decided to close the B circle, to turn it into an O, from the Basque word "Otsoen", which also means Wolves.

The main colours are red (from the city flag) and black (from the wolves of the Coat of Arms).

The home and road uniforms and white and grey, and the alternate is green and red, taken from the Basque Country flag.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Lobos de Bilbao Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Lobos de Bilbao Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Lobos de Bilbao Alt Uniform.png

1 hour ago, Pulv! said:

Burgos logo is awesome! I'm really enjoying this thread, everything has a nice retro look!

Thank you! Yes, I tried to give a kind of retro look to the designs, glad you like it.

It's tourism time!

TURISTAS DE MALLORCA (MALLORCA TOURISTS)

Majorca, Balearic Islands

I chose this name because the Island of Majorca is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Spain. The primary logo is supposed to be a T and a M put together.

The colours chosen are dark purple, which symbolizes Majorca (it's taken from the Island flag) and aquamarine, which symbolizes the summer time as well as the diversity of people who visit the island.

The home and road uniforms are white and grey, while the alternate is purple.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Turistas de Mallorca Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Turistas de Mallorca Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Turistas de Mallorca Alternate Uniform.png

From an island to another

CHACHOS DE GRAN CANARIA (GRAN CANARIA LADS)

Gran Canaria, Canary Islands

The word "chacho" is typical from the Canary Islands and it's the abbreviation of "muchacho", that's why I decided to use that name. The primary logo are a two C and a G put together, while the secondary logo (from the alt cap) is just a C.

The colours are taken from the flag of Gran Canaria.

The home and road uniforms are white and grey; the alt uniform is inspired by the Brewers, that's why I decided to use light blue.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Chachos de GC Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Chachos de GC Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Chachos de GC Alternate Uniform.png

Going back to the Central Division.

REBELDES DE MÓSTOLES (MÓSTOLES REBELS)

Móstoles, Community of Madrid

Móstoles is famous because it's the place where the Dos de Mayo Uprising (2 May 1808) against the French started, and that's why I decided to call them "Rebeldes". The logo is just a R and a M put together (I originally put a fist in the R, but I put it away in the end). 

The colours are taken from the uniforms that Chiefs of State from the Armed Forces used back in the time.

The home and road uniforms are white and grey with navy sleeves, while the alternate uniform is navy with light blue sleeves.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Rebeldes de Mostoles Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Rebeldes de Mostoles Road Uniform.pngLiga Nacional de Beisbol Rebeldes de Mostoles Alternate Uniform.png

Let's continue with the Highlanders!

MONTAÑESES DE SANTANDER (SANTANDER HIGHLANDERS)

Santander, Cantabria

In Cantabria there are the "Picos de Europa" (Peaks of Europe), one of the highest mountain range in Spain, that's why I chose the name of "Montañeses". The logo is made by and M and a S put together with a shape that tries to resemble a mountain.

The green symbolizes the mountain and the blue symbolizes the Cantabrian Sea, given the mountains are just 20Km away from the sea.

The home uniform is off-white, the road uniform is grey and the alternate is blue.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Montaneses de Santander Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Montaneses de Santander Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Montaneses de Santander Alt Uniform.png

I love the cream/off-white color for the home uniform. However, I have a few suggestions:

-  For the alternate, I would move the player number to the opposite side of the jersey. Having it below the crest looks awkward and unbalanced.

- I'm personally not a fan of the font you chose. Maybe if you make the first letter of the name larger it would look better.  

On 18/05/2016 at 2:55 AM, Victormrey said:

From an island to another

CHACHOS DE GRAN CANARIA (GRAN CANARIA LADS)

Gran Canaria, Canary Islands

The word "chacho" is typical from the Canary Islands and it's the abbreviation of "muchacho", that's why I decided to use that name. The primary logo are a two C and a G put together, while the secondary logo (from the alt cap) is just a C.

The colours are taken from the flag of Gran Canaria.

The home and road uniforms are white and grey; the alt uniform is inspired by the Brewers, that's why I decided to use light blue.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Chachos de GC Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Chachos de GC Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Chachos de GC Alternate Uniform.png

Might want  to fix those. Logo is a bit too similar to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games logo.

10 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I love the cream/off-white color for the home uniform. However, I have a few suggestions:

-  For the alternate, I would move the player number to the opposite side of the jersey. Having it below the crest looks awkward and unbalanced.

- I'm personally not a fan of the font you chose. Maybe if you make the first letter of the name larger it would look better.  

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll change the number position and find a better font for the wordmark (I tried to make the first letter larger and it's not really an improvement).

9 hours ago, Spanna65 said:

Might want  to fix those. Logo is a bit too similar to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games logo.

Now that you say it, it looks kinda similar. I'll think in other version for the logo.

Archived