Milwaukee Flag Getting Overhaul

KDubK414

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus, it even uses the Bucks colors. Totally fitting.

The only thing I would add would be some subtle wheat imagery somewhere, but nothing complex.

And maybe flip it horizontally so the blue is on the left.

16 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Plus, it even uses the Bucks colors. Totally fitting.

The only thing I would add would be some subtle wheat imagery somewhere, but nothing complex.

And maybe flip it horizontally so the blue is on the left.

Not sure if serious, but Lake Michigan is to the east -- so flipping it really doesn't make sense.

It's where I sit.

These ones are my particular favorites, whether or not they have any meaning to them.

b99722199z.1_20160511142150_000_giofifvg

b99722199z.1_20160511142150_000_giofiftk

b99722199z.1_20160511142150_000_gg1fig98

Honestly, most of the rest are pretty uninspiring, but at the same time better than Milwaukee's current flag.

On 5/12/2016 at 4:59 PM, mcrosby said:

I think this one is my favorite, it's got that rivers flowing into Lake Michigan thing going for it, the colors are decent, and it's unique: 

b99722199z.1_20160511142150_000_giofifu0

I also like the Bavarian style one, but MKE has a lot more to it than German.

These were also my favorites. I was impressed how simple most of the designs were. Geometric but never over the top except a handful.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/five-finalists-unveiled-for-new-city-flag-b99725121z1-379541551.html 

They're down to the final five.

b99725121z.1_20160514185709_000_gm9fki8k

I'd go with the bottom right since it's simple and unique.  I wish there were choices that were a bit more flavorful and highlighted the brewing community.  I have only been in Milwaukee a time or two and found it to be a very enjoyable, lovely city.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 hours ago, CS85 said:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/five-finalists-unveiled-for-new-city-flag-b99725121z1-379541551.html 

I'd go with the bottom right since it's simple and unique.  I wish there were choices that were a bit more flavorful and highlighted the brewing community.  I have only been in Milwaukee a time or two and found it to be a very enjoyable, lovely city.

As a former denizen of those parts, I'd like either of the bottom two. I'm glad at least that none of the Chicago look-alike flags are left in the running.

CCSLC signature.png

Would be happy with either of the bottom two like mentioned above. Although, I kind of wish this one had made it. Simplified the old flag while keeping some of the old ideas.

b99722199z.1_20160511142150_000_gg1fig98

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

On May 15, 2016 at 8:43 PM, CS85 said:

Well, I'd take the one on the bottom left as a glass-half-full-kinda-flag and the one bottom right as marking the meeting point to clink the glasses. Both will look beautiful on beer labels and coasters in any case. B)

I guess I'll go with upper right or lower left. 

But there is a little swell here that we should have skipped this all together and gone with this

image.jpg

packchampionslfroh.png

Yeah, that flag with the sun over the lake has got to be the winner (Top right of the photoshopped images, or bottom left of the flat images, whichever post you look at). Love that color scheme. Although, the blue and cream one isn't half bad either. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

2 hours ago, KDubK414 said:

And here's what they look like in action.

image.jpg

The sun/water one is good, but I feel like the Cream City M-star is a little better.  It also subtly reminds of the American Indian star symbol.

200-star-symbol.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived