Best and worst looking jersey sponsorships in soccer

steven919

I always liked this one -- 1986 Tottenham Hotspur

maradona-spurs.jpg

Yes, that is Diego Maradona.

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2009/09/24/the-day-that-maradona-played-for-tottenham/

85b11_zpsf7d0c9b1.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Metro Boomin said:

All of my favorites have already been posted but I've always been a fan of Everton's Chang sponsor

naisy.jpg

Even though I feel like I shouldn't like it cause of how busy it is, it just works for me

Can I just say that you have one of the best usernames in this site haha. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Even though I think the spirit of this thread was for one sponsorship'(otherwise between france and brazil it's too easy to find terrible examples), Napoli's had this red patch for 10 years now, and it's gotten even worse when the second sponsor was added

higuain.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

The comment above about liking the Loire departement sponsorship got me thinking about geographical coherence.

Montpellier is overloaded with sponsors which is bad of course, but the main sponsor has font that feels very French and the sponsor is their surrounding region.

montpellier-16-17-kit (1).jpg

Atletico Madrid has a sponsor with a colorful logo and a striped jersey is very susceptible to look worse with a sponsor. My main gripe though is that the sponsor wants you to visit a country that is quite far away from Madrid.

_74744918_atleticochelsea30april487493707.jpg

It just feels very weird when the sponsor is a completely different geographical entity.

As a Swansea City fan I agree the Swansea kit is a monstrosity with that sponsor logo. 

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

The Rapids Transamerica sponsor has really grown on me. I think the linear simple text looks very nice and the tower adds a sort of balance to the kit that I really like. I also appreciate that the logo changes color to match each shirt, white on the primary and blue on the secondary.

As for the worst, the sponsor that immediately popped into my head was the Swansea one that was already shown. 

JONESHERO.jpg

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Norwich City's looked really good with Aviva being a local sponsor.  The spire above the V represents Norwich Cathedral...

O2nu8Tp.jpg

Oh wait, that wasn't how the logo looked this year, this was...

wSxgEL9.jpg

And it looked every bit as bad on the hooped third kit this year...

FtBcVBu.jpg

Want to keep a modest sponsor box?  Fine, raise the sponsor image slightly and keep the yellow box within the two yellow hoops.  This just sucked.

Many blame Aviva for this fiasco based on some online usage rules they have posted on their website.  I'm not sure these rules were used for several reasons, but even if they were, couldn't someone at Errea or the club approach Aviva and compel them to adjust the rules for aesthetic reasons?  The good news is that Aviva won't be back as the kit sponsor in 16-17.

16 hours ago, mfoster said:

Norwich City's looked really good with Aviva being a local sponsor.  The spire above the V represents Norwich Cathedral...

O2nu8Tp.jpg

Oh wait, that wasn't how the logo looked this year, this was...

wSxgEL9.jpg

And it looked every bit as bad on the hooped third kit this year...

FtBcVBu.jpg

Want to keep a modest sponsor box?  Fine, raise the sponsor image slightly and keep the yellow box within the two yellow hoops.  This just sucked.

Many blame Aviva for this fiasco based on some online usage rules they have posted on their website.  I'm not sure these rules were used for several reasons, but even if they were, couldn't someone at Errea or the club approach Aviva and compel them to adjust the rules for aesthetic reasons?  The good news is that Aviva won't be back as the kit sponsor in 16-17.

It was exactly this kind of snarky anger with horrible design decisions that I was hoping for in this thread. I agree with you completely. Your design would have been really great, but instead they had that very awkward design.

On 5/23/2016 at 6:56 AM, steven919 said:

Atletico Madrid has a sponsor with a colorful logo and a striped jersey is very susceptible to look worse with a sponsor. My main gripe though is that the sponsor wants you to visit a country that is quite far away from Madrid.

_74744918_atleticochelsea30april487493707.jpg

It just feels very weird when the sponsor is a completely different geographical entity.

Atletico switched to Plus500 for their main sponsor this year. I think it actually looks worse.

15ATMHWSS2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2016 at 9:22 PM, mfoster said:

The good news is that Aviva won't be back as the kit sponsor in 16-17.

Eff me... NCFC just announced Aviva is back, though in a different form...

vDSPxOh.jpg

Maybe a little biased here, but, I think Orlando Health being the sponsor of Orlando City SC (Lions) works perfect for the following reasons: 

1. The team sponsor (Orlando Health) is a network of community & specialty hospitals based in the city that the team calls home. Its nice having your teams home city included on the team kits even though that reason is due to the sponsor.
2. The sponsor logo/text is white on the home kit & purple on the road. Both team colors which does not make them distracting to the eyes. 

dsc_2447.jpg

IMG_0086-700x466.jpg

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Archived