NHL by Adidas 2.0 - VAN, WSH, WPG (30/30!)

timberwolf

So while I finish up my CLH series, I'm going to start my next big project. Many of you might remeber my last NHL by Adidas project. It was well recieved but I ran out of time and my template was clunky. I'm back with a new template, new format. It's very similar to my CLH project. Here's some groundrules;

•I will be following Adidas trends, like bold colours and new patterns, all while creating a classic look.

•One home and one away. I will also be doing a Winter Classic and other outdoor games.

•I will be trying to differentiate colour schemes and uniform styles.

With that being said, here's the first two teams!

ARIZONA COYOTES

I actually really liked the new Yotes uniforms, with some changes. I added a pattern to the arms and hem, as well as replicating the styles to all parts of the uniform. I kept the colours of the rebrand because the design complimented it.

image.png

ANAHEIM DUCKS

This is one where I want some advice. A Duck fan, a friend of mine, says that these colours wouldn't fly, but this series IS about trying things out. I felt the orange and green looked good, but it may not. The design was inspired by Daniel Lowry. We'll see how it goes.

image.png

Leave C and C! I'll upload Boston and Buffalo tomorrow morning. Excited to see how this goes!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the White Ducks Jersey more since I can see the Foot easier on the white than the Orange. I feel a slightly thicker outline of white is needed on the Orange.

I see no problems with the Yotes, but I miss the Sand Color

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

32 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

The Coyotes should have sand, but otherwise it's good! Anaheim should keep the beige in the logo imo.

I agree, and maybe just beige in the logo on the home jersey. The orange logo is perfect on the road.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I always feel that people moving away from sand are missing a great opportunity with Arizona. They are one of the few teams that I don't think should be in white on the road. 

I would go back to the beige ducks logo. hink that the biggest problem, so far, is that your home jerseys are muting the logos, especially on Anaheim. The logos need to contrast a little bit more, imo.

Also, the Anaheim home is a LOT of orange, I'd try using their shoulder patches to help break it up.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

7 hours ago, Darknes said:

I like the White Ducks Jersey more since I can see the Foot easier on the white than the Orange. I feel a slightly thicker outline of white is needed on the Orange.

I see no problems with the Yotes, but I miss the Sand Color

5 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

The Coyotes should have sand, but otherwise it's good! Anaheim should keep the beige in the logo imo.

4 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I agree, and maybe just beige in the logo on the home jersey. The orange logo is perfect on the road.

3 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I always feel that people moving away from sand are missing a great opportunity with Arizona. They are one of the few teams that I don't think should be in white on the road. 

I would go back to the beige ducks logo. hink that the biggest problem, so far, is that your home jerseys are muting the logos, especially on Anaheim. The logos need to contrast a little bit more, imo.

Also, the Anaheim home is a LOT of orange, I'd try using their shoulder patches to help break it up.

Thank you all for the comments! Here's some updates.

Arizona....

-added two shoulder patches

-changed all white to sand

image.png

Anaheim...

-added a shoulder patch

-changed home logo to beige with a green outline

image.png

Arizona is so much better with sand.

I still think that with Anaheim, you have to go full eggplant/green or orange/black, and the mix doesn't look good here. However, logos from either generation would look good on either scheme, being recolored of course. The shoulder patch was a great addition though.

Let's keep rolling!

BUFFALO

I wanted to avoid all grey and all Reebok piping. I also wanted to bring their script back. I think that it looks good on a uniform. Their signature buffalo mark appears in the shoulder. I kept all yellow striping on the home uniform and white elements, like the shoulder logo and numbering. The white is simply balanced out.

image.png

BOSTON

The Bruins are a team with unique striping patterns and it needs to be used more. I like their current ones, but they could be better. I tried to emulate their 50s design with modern colours and logo. The road is seperated into colour and white. I didn't want to have the white and gold clash.

image.png

LEAVE C AND C!

Good job on the updates to Arizona! yhe Anaheim home, as well. I like the Buffalo and Boston sets!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Day #3 and two more teams!

CAROLINA

I always thought the Hurricanes should keep the flag pattern. It's a great pattern and it seperated them from other red and black teams. Against most, I made the black the primary colour, with red as a secondary. Black is a good showing of storm clouds and red is a great partner.

image.png

CALGARY

Opposite of Carolina, I took out black completely and merely recreated their throwback. Not really a concept, but it feel it's what they need to do.

image.png

CHICAGO

Because Calgary wasn't really a groundbreaking concept, I threw in a third for you guys. Home is very similar, the road is where the changes are made. I added a yoke on both uniforms and included more stripes, as a nod to their old Black Hawk days. The shoulder patch is on the sleeves, like their WC uniform.

image.png

Hope you guys enjoy it! The feedback has been great so far!

Alright maybe two more teams will spur some interest.

COLORADO

I think the Avs current set is terrible. Straight honest. It has no relation to the region or the city. I simply put a new striping pattern with better colours and their SS font.

image.png

COLUMBUS

I used their red and blue with an off white as the light colour. I think I need to remove a stripe on both sets, I feel it's too cluttered. Let me know.

image.png

C and C please!

21 minutes ago, mee said:

I mean well...That Columbus logo is really bad...

10 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

IMO, I like it. It fits the identity more than the current one. And it IS popular, too.

As a CBJ fan, I have no problem with the logo, and it seems like the team is starting to phase it in as a future primary logo. My only gripe with it here in this case is that the banner is red, I would recolor it back to navy. 

Means I agree with your original assessment, if you remove the top stripe on the hem/arms on both home and road, it would look a lot less cluttered and would look sharper imo

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

57 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Not only are the uniforms amazing, your puns rival the great @MrWonka!

That's a daunting challenge. I'm sure @MrWonka would have to be the judge of that. Thank you for the kind works!

41 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Lose the silver on the Avs, and it would be perfect!! 

Yeah I was wrestling with this. I included it because mountains-snow-ice-silver. Thought it was a good fit. I'll see what it looks like without, though.

Archived