Raymie

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Why is the Viking wearing a bib?

Ci8qmEMVEAQSf_S.jpg

It's lobster night in the dining hall.

As for the primary logo, it almost looks like they started with a rounded shield, changed to a pointed one and forgot to change the shape of the S.  That bothers me as much as the letters in the NFL logo not following the shape of the shield . . . unlike the previous logo.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCx5IjASIg0VP3wDz9S_T

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:06 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

this is going to bother me forever; the lines of the S not following the shield

ps.jpg 

I actually prefer what they went with here - where the P and S follow along the same curved path:

Portland State Logo.jpg

Over this - a (crappy pixelated) alteration where the lower S follows the contours of the shield, and ends

up dipping much lower than the P, creating an even greater right-side imbalance in my mind:

Portland State altered S.jpg

What I don't care for is how much the lower left portion of the S extends upward.

But I guess getting a P and S to mirror each other perfectly is next to impossible.

14 hours ago, jaha32 said:

I actually prefer what they went with here - where the P and S follow along the same curved path:

Portland State Logo.jpg

Over this - a (crappy pixelated) alteration where the lower S follows the contours of the shield, and ends

up dipping much lower than the P, creating an even greater right-side imbalance in my mind:

Portland State altered S.jpg

What I don't care for is how much the lower left portion of the S extends upward.

But I guess getting a P and S to mirror each other perfectly is next to impossible.

yea i see what they're going for there. im not sure theres any good way to really pull this one off, theres just always going to be something odd about it. i think the angles here also add to the tension. its a mark you just have to forgive in execution - at least the idea behind it is really good. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived