Raymie

Portland State unveils a new look

31 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Why is the Viking wearing a bib?

Ci8qmEMVEAQSf_S.jpg

It's lobster night in the dining hall.

As for the primary logo, it almost looks like they started with a rounded shield, changed to a pointed one and forgot to change the shape of the S.  That bothers me as much as the letters in the NFL logo not following the shape of the shield . . . unlike the previous logo.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCx5IjASIg0VP3wDz9S_T

The bib looks more and more like a wall mount now. Mounted Viking head, kind of creeping me out.

Seems redundant to have both the Portland State wordmark on the chest & the PS logo on the collar of the football jerseys.

Seems like removing the bib and outline could go a long way.

VikingsLogo.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:06 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

this is going to bother me forever; the lines of the S not following the shield

ps.jpg 

I actually prefer what they went with here - where the P and S follow along the same curved path:

Portland State Logo.jpg

Over this - a (crappy pixelated) alteration where the lower S follows the contours of the shield, and ends

up dipping much lower than the P, creating an even greater right-side imbalance in my mind:

Portland State altered S.jpg

What I don't care for is how much the lower left portion of the S extends upward.

But I guess getting a P and S to mirror each other perfectly is next to impossible.

21 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Seems like removing the bib and outline could go a long way.

VikingsLogo.jpg

That does look a boat load better. I'm guessing the bib is a Viking ship? Seems very unnecessary though.

14 hours ago, jaha32 said:

I actually prefer what they went with here - where the P and S follow along the same curved path:

Portland State Logo.jpg

Over this - a (crappy pixelated) alteration where the lower S follows the contours of the shield, and ends

up dipping much lower than the P, creating an even greater right-side imbalance in my mind:

Portland State altered S.jpg

What I don't care for is how much the lower left portion of the S extends upward.

But I guess getting a P and S to mirror each other perfectly is next to impossible.

yea i see what they're going for there. im not sure theres any good way to really pull this one off, theres just always going to be something odd about it. i think the angles here also add to the tension. its a mark you just have to forgive in execution - at least the idea behind it is really good.