NHL Double Series (final updates)

StevenGrant94

Hello!  For this NHL series I'm creating two concepts for each team, one concept will be my ideal look for the team and the second concept will be something new.  The Oilers are up first.

My Ideal Edmonton Oilers:

Edmonton-ISet.png

I didn't change much here, the biggest difference is the collar which is based off of their 1982-96 jerseys.  The overall thickness of the stripes is also a bit larger.

New Look Edmonton Oilers:

Edmonton-NSet.png

The second concept includes an oil-drop shaped shoulder yoke, which droops down to contain the sleeve numbers.  The number font is also new (for the Oilers), and I tried something different with the pant stripes.

Which concept do you like better?  Any comments are very appreciated.

By the way, it might be a little while before I have the next concepts ready.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good, although I would get rid of the double-outline on the numbers. Bugs me watching Oilers games when I can't read the numbers.

I like the concept one too, although I wonder how the glob of orange would look on an actual jersey.

I really like the shoulder on the new ones, however, I've always thought the "4" on that style of number was too casual for uniform use. Like a 2 with a loop at the bottom or a seven with a line thru it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback, here is the next team.

My Ideal Colorado Avalanche:

Colorado-ISet.png

I don't know if this exactly is my ideal look for the Avalanche, but it would be something similar with a mountain striping pattern.  I don't think their current colour scheme is perfect so I used burgundy, navy, and a light sky blue instead.  The number font is from their current third jersey.  This is actually an update of an old concept of mine.

New Look Colorado Avalanche:

Colorado-NSet.png

The idea for this concept started with the double sleeve stripes.  I then added a sublimated pattern, made up of the the C from the Colorado state flag, to the yoke area and back numbers (I was inspired by the national anthem design on Slovakia's Olympic jerseys).  I also wanted to use more black to tie into their black equipment, so I originally had the collar and cuffs (and hem outline) on the white jersey black as well, but I decided burgundy looked better.

On 5/26/2016 at 8:28 AM, NICnoK said:

I really like the shoulder on the new ones, however, I've always thought the "4" on that style of number was too casual for uniform use. Like a 2 with a loop at the bottom or a seven with a line thru it.

I'll try to use this style of 4 less in the future.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

I love the Avs ideal set. I'm a big fan of the jagged mountain stripes, but I've seen a lot of concepts that go overboard with it (like MJ Fox set loose on a sweater template). Yours is a testament to less does more. Looking forward to more!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Toronto Maple Leafs 2016-17 Prediction:

Toronto-Set.png

I'm taking a quick break from my NHL Double Series for a Maple Leafs prediction concept.  This is my interpretation of the rumoured details posted on the SportsLogos.Net homepage.  The arm stripes are from the Leafs schedule release graphic.

Thanks for all the comments on the Avalanche concepts, I'll get back to the Double Series soon.

19 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

really hope that's what they use.

really don't.

It's decent, but too bland and boring. Is essentially their original Edge jerseys with a waist stripe.

I hope they have something more like their Winter Classic jersey from a few years ago.

Just now, Zeus89725 said:

really don't.

It's decent, but too bland and boring. Is essentially their original Edge jerseys with a waist stripe.

I hope they have something more like their Winter Classic jersey from a few years ago.

I just feel like bold stripes, like Steven's concept, complement the new logo... But you're entitled to your opinion.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

At first, I didnt like the renderings. But now the design has grown on me. Come draft day you will notice differences. But this is a new kind of design, with the mix of the bold stripe and double stripes(hopefully thinner and closer together). I dont really see it as their Reebok Edge sweaters with a hem stripe, its a new design for a new era. Sure it would have been easy to 'modernize' an older set, but I like it more that they are adding a brand new design to the long and stoic timeline. And hopefully this could somehow cause thr Lightning to go back to black and blue. Great work on this series @ldconcepts!

DQdYUuA.png

This is definitely a better presentation and makes the rumored design look better.  Great job.  The bolder stripes, and having them all be the same width, make a world of difference.  It's almost Boston's Winter Classic jersey with the arm stripes relocated, and that could certainly work.  Could you try a version with the hem stripe lowered to the very bottom of the hem?

One thing i always find comical is people get so upset when stripes don't match between the hem, arms, or socks, but that was a common design element in a lot of classic uniforms that many of those same people pine over. 

59 minutes ago, Seattle1917 said:

At first, I didnt like the renderings. But now the design has grown on me. Come draft day you will notice differences. But this is a new kind of design, with the mix of the bold stripe and double stripes(hopefully thinner and closer together). I dont really see it as their Reebok Edge sweaters with a hem stripe, its a new design for a new era. Sure it would have been easy to 'modernize' an older set, but I like it more that they are adding a brand new design to the long and stoic timeline. And hopefully this could somehow cause thr Lightning to go back to black and blue. Great work on this series @ldconcepts!

This is @Grant94's series...

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

On 6/23/2016 at 10:12 AM, B-mer said:

This is definitely a better presentation and makes the rumored design look better.  Great job.  The bolder stripes, and having them all be the same width, make a world of difference.  It's almost Boston's Winter Classic jersey with the arm stripes relocated, and that could certainly work.  Could you try a version with the hem stripe lowered to the very bottom of the hem?

One thing i always find comical is people get so upset when stripes don't match between the hem, arms, or socks, but that was a common design element in a lot of classic uniforms that many of those same people pine over. 

I didn't notice the similarity to the Bruins Winter Classic jersey until you mentioned it, but yeah this is essentially just that jersey with the arm stripes moved.  The Leafs probably wouldn't like that.  Here are a couple versions with the hem stripe at the bottom, both curved and straight across...

2UoOBYk.png

On 6/23/2016 at 10:20 AM, Seattle1917 said:

Wow... Holy crap sorry @Grant94. I saw @ldconcepts renderings on Icethetics and then your comment, and post and comment and got mixed up. Please forgive me, I still think it is excellent work!

No problem.  Lucas isn't the worst person in the world to be confused for.

Archived