Your Dream uniform Match-ups That Did Happen But are Gone Forever

1937redskins

4 hours ago, Uglybus said:

image.png

Smh. 

Their identity is great, especially for a team who hasn't been around that long. They could do worse. I mean, look at the Bobcats. They started at the same time, and Charlotte has been so inconsistent they changed their name. 

The uniform is great. I don't see what makes it "terrible".

The 6th grader analogy makes no sense, nor does the photo one. 

I wonder why they used the Dallas Texans as an inspiration. I'm sure it's not because they wanted a modernized version of the team they are named after. 

The Texas flag is one of the best, if not THE best state flag in the country. I definitely wouldn't mind a team that looks like that, as long as it doesn't look gaudy. 

How is the star brainwashing?

I think the Texans set is one of the best in the league, and the reasons you told us that explained why the Texans look awful make as much sense as the fact that your profile picture of a Rams helmet even though your name has Redskins right there. 

do you even know what the negative a photograph is?

I simply mean there's hardly any color or separation in this colors.the Helmet is like a negative photograph

the 6th grade comment is easy. I'm saying its a childish,simplistic design.

how old are you? creative writing, critical thought and a sense of humor is completely lost on the last 2 generations. As well as disrespect for elders being the norm.

I of course will be warned for this comment even though I'm responding to 2 insults that will be ignored.

lighten up kids. Have a nice holiday weekend.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Mitch B said:

I love theTexans helmet, but I think wearing a red jersey for most home games would be the way to go.  Too many blue jerseys in the NFL right now

Agreed. I think their red jerseys look better than their blue ones anyway.

32 minutes ago, 1937redskins said:

I simply mean there's hardly any color or separation in this colors.the Helmet is like a negative photograph

how old are you? creative writing, critical thought and a sense of humor is completely lost on the last 2 generations. As well as disrespect for elders being the norm.

I of course will be warned for this comment even though I'm responding to 2 insults that will be ignored.

Thank you for the explanations. I do see what you're saying. The colors are pretty drab. They could use some brightness. It's also pretty simple, but sometimes that's not bad. I'd rather have this than the Jaguars set. 

I'm 13. I'm also plenty creative, and I'd like to think I'm funny. 

Also, nice generalization of the last 2 generations, which I'm sure most of the people on this website are.

Where are you getting to this disrespect to the elders thing? Just last week I went to a retirement home with my grandfather to check in on my great-grandmother. But, yep. I disrespect elders. All of them. 

Thanks for going personal on me! I really appreciate it. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

10 hours ago, Ark said:

Is there oil in Tennessee? No, but are there lakes in Los Angeles? Is there jazz in Utah? Are there grizzly bears in Memphis?

There was at least one documented case of an oil discovery in Tennessee.  J.D. "Jed" Clampett, an impoverished mountaineer who was barely able to provide for his family's daily nutritional needs, forced bubbling crude oil to the surface with a blast from a double-barrell shotgun in the early 60s near Bug Tussle.  The financial windfall from the discovery enabled the hillbillies to take up residence in a Beverly Hills, California mansion, with often comedic results.

oil-jed-clampett.jpgoil-bubbling.jpg

11 hours ago, 1937redskins said:

how old are you? creative writing, critical thought and a sense of humor is completely lost on the last 2 generations.

You roll in here babbling in free verse from hell and talk crap about other people's writing? Balls!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 hours ago, 1937redskins said:

And yet you assume that the reason we don't understand you, is because we're stupid young kids, not that you can barely form a proper, easy-to-understand, sentence on the internet?

Do You Know How To Capitalize Letters???? How old are you?? Like 95? I'm not really trying to be rude, but you come on here, insult people, disrespect forums rules (AKA your random thought thread), and then yell at us for not respecting our elders... Again, I'm not really trying to be rude, but you are, and not really respecting anyone else, so I'm giving you a piece of my mind. If you can't handle the arguments against your "OPINIONS" (More or Less for the sake of keeping the thread alive) then leave... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1978681_276364805866189_2671632414956524223_n.jpg

Note - Dennis Johnson wore #1 for the Suns during the preseason because Gar Heard was still on the Suns roster.  After Heard signed with San Diego as a free agent DJ changed to his familiar #24.

Once the Braves moved to San Diego they became the Clippers and they adopted perhaps my favorite NBA uniforms.  And sadly the Washington NBA team is no longer the Bullets, although they have gone to a uniform similar to the ones from their heyday.

484363162.jpg

57 minutes ago, Bobster said:

1978681_276364805866189_2671632414956524223_n.jpg

Note - Dennis Johnson wore #1 for the Suns during the preseason because Gar Heard was still on the Suns roster.  After Heard signed with San Diego as a free agent DJ changed to his familiar #24.

Good combo as long as they're not both wearing white. Seattle in green or Phoenix in purple, either would look great.

On 5/30/2016 at 0:42 AM, Jungle Jim said:

There was at least one documented case of an oil discovery in Tennessee.  J.D. "Jed" Clampett, an impoverished mountaineer who was barely able to provide for his family's daily nutritional needs, forced bubbling crude oil to the surface with a blast from a double-barrell shotgun in the early 60s near Bug Tussle.  The financial windfall from the discovery enabled the hillbillies to take up residence in a Beverly Hills, California mansion, with often comedic results.

oil-jed-clampett.jpgoil-bubbling.jpg

just made my day.  also the movie itself wasn't half bad (there were a lot of tv shows from the 1950's, 60's, early 70's being turned into movies during the 1990's).  love that Buddy Ebsen (from the 1960's The Beverly Hillbillies) played Barnaby Jones (the show he did in the 1970's)

buddy-ebsen-as-baraby-jones.jpg

so long and thanks for all the fish.

On 5/28/2016 at 7:10 PM, 1937redskins said:

9-1978-nba-finals-bullets-sonics-lopside

I miss those Sonics warm-ups. Hell, I just miss my Supersonics. Would love to see Nike bring back team specific warm-ups instead of league-wide templated crap.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Archived