Edmonton Oilers Logo Concepts

dolphins91

Which Logo Do You Prefer?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello! I have a new concept tonight for the Edmonton Oilers. I feel like they have a classic logo, but it could use some updating, this might be too big of a change for some, but I think this freshens up the look. I am not a huge fan of the drippy style of the letters, so I went with a font that is very similar, only without that style. I also wanted to add a little bit a a different touch to it by incorporating their striping. I ended up with three different concepts and I want you to tell me which one is your favorite, A, B, or C...

Spoiler

Oilers 5.jpg Logo A

Spoiler

Oilers 6.jpgLogo B

Spoiler

Oilers 4.jpgLogo C

As always C&C is welcome!

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

Definitely not C.  The bottom part is a bit clunky.

I like the other two.  While I like the full circle, I like that the bottom of "B" has the width of a stripe whereas the bottom of "A" is a bit thick.  I'd pick "B" by a nose.

For A, consider making bottom blue stripe the same width as the top one (i.e., that would leave some white at the bottom of the circle).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Guest darkpiranha
37 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

An Oilers logo with the circle itself being part of the oil drip might be a cool twist.

This is kind of what I was thinking, too.  If you're going to break out of the pure circle look, then making the whole thing an oil drop would make the most sense.  

Archived