China Arena Football League (CAFL)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Midway said:

That Skywalkers logo is an eerily familiar font. I don't know that they're 100% safe from a legal standpoint if they plan to run with it long term. 

They are in China, intellectual property rights don't exist there. They don't believe you can own an idea so if you want to do business with China you better make sure they don't find out how you do your thing or they are going to take it. That's how you get so many counterfeit jerseys and iPhones and such from over there.

Could we please quit it with the xenophobic comments in this thread before it gets out of control? "...do business with China...", I didn't know I was at a Trump convention.

12 minutes ago, lopernv said:

Could we please quit it with the xenophobic comments in this thread before it gets out of control? "...do business with China...", I didn't know I was at a Trump convention.

It's kind of common knowledge that China is a hacker/stealer/copier of products and intellectual property.  I've known several business owners who decided against selling their products that they have patents for over there because of this known theft.

29 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

It's kind of common knowledge that China is a hacker/stealer/copier of products and intellectual property.  I've known several business owners who decided against selling their products that they have patents for over there because of this known theft.

Okay, great, but there are other manufacturers in China who are legit and make great products.

It's that you, and others in here, are labelling the country as a whole as thiefs and hacks, as if manufacturing in China is solely one entity while in reality it is a multitude of companies operating independently.

It's like referring to India as a nation of tech support call centres, or Portugal as a nation of bricklayers and concrete pourers. It is insulting. I don't think you need to be a rocket surgeon to see that.

I recognize there is a problem, but I'm not about to lambaste an entire nation.

34 minutes ago, lopernv said:

EXACTLY!

Especially when Dick Vermeil and Ron Jaworski are part of the AFL China financial partners. The knockoffs have American approval.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/14/sports/football/taking-american-football-into-new-territory-china.html

1 hour ago, lopernv said:

youre kidding ,right?

Ive seen jokes but no xenophobia.

13 hours ago, dont care said:

They are in China, intellectual property rights don't exist there. They don't believe you can own an idea so if you want to do business with China you better make sure they don't find out how you do your thing or they are going to take it. That's how you get so many counterfeit jerseys and iPhones and such from over there.

I agree with this philosophy  with maybe a couple rules as opposed to none.

companies like Mitchell n Ness and Ebbets field flannels charge too much and need competition

3 minutes ago, lopernv said:

They are not mutually exclusive.

lol yes they are.

its the difference between having a sense of humor

and being pointlessly offended due to pc indoctrination.

the only thing I saw was an opinion about how another country does business. That is not xenophobia.

I will comment no further on it since I know someone will take issue.

Archived