Indianapolis Colts' Horseshoe Helmet Logo

HOOVER

Maybe this is common knowledge, but I realized that the horseshoe logo on the Colts' helmet does not match their standard team logo; it's less round, more vertical, and the top edges have rounded upward-pointing bottom corners, rather than corners that point downward and out.

However, I've tried searching for this logo and can't find it anywhere; every logo I see is their standard team logo.  Does anyone have their actual helmet logo that they can post?

1000px-Indianapolis_Colts_logo.svg.pngPI-NFL-Colts-helmet-120615.vresize.1200.

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

I know this doesn't help answer your question, but that's not entirely unheard of.. The chiefs are in a similar situation.

Chiefs? Really? I didn't know that. How are the logos different?

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

7 hours ago, charliehustle said:

Chiefs? Really? I didn't know that. How are the logos different?

I think the chiefs have two Versions of their logo for print use and helmet use.  The arrowhead on the Helmet is less.... Bumpy?  Not sure how else to describe it. It's smoother on the edges.  If u compare side by side you'll see. 

however re: the colts logo I don't know if it's actually two logos it really might just be how the decal is applied and how it bends around the curved helmet.  

EDIT- u know on second glance I think ur right.  They probably have a version that they think works better on the helmet.  Cool observation.  

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Interesting observations. I think I might've heard that about the Chiefs before but not about the Colts.

On the topic of the Colts' horseshoe, I like how it has seven holes in it, in keeping with the luck motif.

the chiefs helmet has a different "C" on the helmet version.. the official version has the C coming further around and the bottom right portion ends with a horizontal line... on the helmet version, the C doesn't come around and up as much, and the bottom right portion ends with an angled line.. 

even more peculiar.. the helmet image used by the club uses both logos... the official "side view" helmet logo uses the official team logo, but the official "3/4 view" helmet logo uses the team's decal logo..

Chiefs.png

and for the record, the Colts' helmet logo definitely looks different than the "official team logo".. i dont think it has anything to do with the application.. that's such a small detail that i don't think it covers enough area for the curvature of the surface to affect it that much.

Wow....ashamedly, I'm a huge Chiefs fan, and I never noticed that!!!  

Still would love to find that Colts helmet logo.  It is definitely different - the top tips are different, and it's now as obtuse.  It looks like it may have been an "old" logo they've never changed.  It definitely, definitely fits better on a helmet.  If anyone has it, please post!

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:32 AM, WavePunter said:

the chiefs helmet has a different "C" on the helmet version.. the official version has the C coming further around and the bottom right portion ends with a horizontal line... on the helmet version, the C doesn't come around and up as much, and the bottom right portion ends with an angled line.. 

even more peculiar.. the helmet image used by the club uses both logos... the official "side view" helmet logo uses the official team logo, but the official "3/4 view" helmet logo uses the team's decal logo..

Chiefs.png

and for the record, the Colts' helmet logo definitely looks different than the "official team logo".. i dont think it has anything to do with the application.. that's such a small detail that i don't think it covers enough area for the curvature of the surface to affect it that much.

Wow, that's a small detail. I was originally going to reply that I couldn't tell the difference, but then I noticed it. Good eye, WavePunter.

Archived