Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GFB

Oh Baylor, Where Art Thou?

50 posts in this topic

Art Briles shouldn't be allowed to manage a Walmart after this. And yet, I guarantee you stuff of this level is probably going down in a similar fashion at multiple FBS schools right now. It's just a matter of whether we eventually find out or not.

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Art Briles shouldn't be allowed to manage a Walmart after this. And yet, I guarantee you stuff of this level is probably going down in a similar fashion at multiple FBS schools right now. It's just a matter of whether we eventually find out or not.

The text messages come from Colin Schillinghaw, who was with Art Briles since 1988 at Stephenville HS.

FAU's President Dr. John Kelly, their AD (Patrick Chun) and HC (Lane Kiffin) went on the record to say that Kendal Briles was properly vetted.

I think that they didn't complete the job. 

The vetting process for Kendal Briles, the Owls’ new offensive coordinator, included a conversation with NCAA regulators to gauge their assessment of the former Baylor assistant coach’s standing.

“We’ve gone through everything with the NCAA that was going on at Baylor,” Chun said. “We’re happy he’s here. We’re excited for him to get a fresh start here.”

Kiffin told both Sports Illustrated and ESPN that controversial hire is going to happen.

He did not indicate whether FAU athletic director Pat Chun and university president Dr. John Kelly had approved the hiring.

http://fauowlaccess.com/floridaatlantic/tag/kendal-briles/

14 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Well we know things are going on in Tallahassee.  The only time FSU really punished a guy was when there was cellphone video of one of their players hitting a woman.  If there was no video evidence?  Tallahassee PD and FSU took care of things and did a great job in victim shaming.

Baylor fired someone from its staff after improper texts.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18904309/baylor-bears-fire-associate-director-football-operations-demarkco-butler

One could argue it's a step in the right direction.  Rather than cover his ass, they canned him.  Of course, he was not going to have nine sacks and 12 tackles for loss next year, but maybe culture change does exist?

It's new guys coming in and still doing the wrong things though. If I'm the AD I'm reminding these guys weekly what they can and can't do.  

16 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's new guys coming in and still doing the wrong things though. If I'm the AD I'm reminding these guys weekly what they can and can't do.  

It's not like Mack Rhoades has shown leadership in the last 24 months at his last three schools: Houston, Mizzouri, now Baylor. He's too busy skipping town.

1 person likes this

Good point

On 2/3/2017 at 3:40 PM, HedleyLamarr said:

Well we know things are going on in Tallahassee.  The only time FSU really punished a guy was when there was cellphone video of one of their players hitting a woman.  If there was no video evidence?  Tallahassee PD and FSU took care of things and did a great job in victim shaming.

That's the place that allows the football players to go around and shoot people with BB guns:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/us/florida-state-football-casts-shadow-over-tallahassee-justice.html