NHL Defunct Redux - Rockies and QC Bulldogs!

timberwolf

Alright so I'm going to start my second active topic on the boards, the other one being "NHL by Adidas 2.0" Inspired by an Atlanta Thrashers redesign on HJC, I've decided to start a series where I take any defunct NHL team, like the Nords, Whalers, or Thrashers and rebrand them.

I'll have one home and one road. Here are my rules.

• I must use at least one logo from their past (or update an old one)

• I must keep the name of the team

• I must keep one colour from their past (or slightly edit an old one)

• one dark, one light, within NHL guidelines

So with this being said, here's the Atlanta Thrashers.

Things I kept;

- alternate logo (fit identity better)

- general colour scheme (without gold)

- alternate inspired striping pattern

Things I changed;

- eliminated gold

- Georgia Peach replaces white, becoming the first NHL team to have a current road uniform that isn't white

- edited the striping pattern from red alternate uniform to make it more modern and consistent

image.png

Might do the Whalers or Nordiques next, leave comments.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it! The striping is something I've never seen before, and that's not bad. I think it works. The only things I dislike are the use of "Georgia Peach" instead of white. The color isn't bad, but it should be used as an outline color rather than a primary color. Second, I don't like taking yellow out of the Thrashers. That was something I really liked about their old color scheme.

Regardless, it's still a nice and unique set that will get a good amount of votes.

I'd like to see the Whalers next, by the way.

1 hour ago, Zeus89725 said:

I like it! The striping is something I've never seen before, and that's not bad. I think it works. The only things I dislike are the use of "Georgia Peach" instead of white. The color isn't bad, but it should be used as an outline color rather than a primary color. Second, I don't like taking yellow out of the Thrashers. That was something I really liked about their old color scheme.

Regardless, it's still a nice and unique set that will get a good amount of votes.

I'd like to see the Whalers next, by the way.

I would have to agree about the peach..it works for me as a secondary or outline color, not as the main. That being said everything else here is near perfect. I always liked that secondary logo as opposed to the main logo they used. Nicely done all in all

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

There are a few teams that could probably get away with using a main color other than white at home, if they wanted (Arizona and sand, Nashville and yellow), so I applaud the idea, but something about that georgia peach as a primary just isn't working for me.

The striping takes a few looks, but I like it.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I gotta disagree with the other comments about the Georgia Peach. I'd like to see some NHL teams using some other light colour instead of white for an away jersey and I think this one works just fine. 

I'd love to see tv numbers on there to get and idea what name and numbers on the back might look like though.

I like the update! But I also think Georgia Peach was great as an accent color. Did it look bad with the white? Also, you should remove the Georgia Peach info on the right.

Really looking forward to your concepts for my two favorite teams, the Nordiques and Whalers (yeah, I'm a sad hockey fan).

Guest darkpiranha

Peach as accent color only, in my opinion.  It's too close to skin tone, so a whole jersey of it just comes across as subconsciously off-putting.

Two more teams!

HARTFORD WHALERS

+ colour scheme

+ logo (must have!)

+ whale logo

+ striping patterns

- grey needed to go

- inconsistency between home/road

image.png

QUEBEC NORDIQUES

+ general colour scheme

+ logo

+ general simplistic design

- took out excessive fleur-de-lis

- added more red

- darkened blue

image.png

Hamilton Tigers on deck! Requests welcome!

I think that the Fleurs-de-lis on the tail stripes is a little overboard, and I feel that Pucky on the Whaler's shoulders need some blue on the green jersey, and green on the white jerseys. (If that makes sense)

Also ditch the colored area around the tie down collar area... 

Like this

Calgary-Flames-Johnny-Gaudreau-(No-Jerse

Instead of this

102713_flames.jpg

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Not sure how I feel about all those fleur-de-lis on the Nords. Like the concepts. Tho I do prefer the peach outlines on Atlanta

can I request, California Golden Seals and Minnesota North Stars?

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

Whalers are PERFECT, just make the whale on the top of the jersey to be blue

With the Nords, the fleur-de-lis could still be on there, but could just be on the shoulders/sleeves and the pants, remove from the sides of the jerseys and move the fleur-de-lis on the sleeves to the shoulders

All in all great work!

I'm going to go ahead and post team number four. I had this one already prepared so I'll post that before I get to the North Stars and California tonight.

HAMILTON TIGERS

+ colours

+ general colour scheme

+ chest stripe

- added white to gold and black

- kept stripe style consistent

image.png

C and C appreciated!

Guest darkpiranha

I really like the overall look of the Nords, however, I'd reduce the F-D-L's down to just one set, probably on the pants.   

ATL- Really interesting, but I find a hybrid of the original and the update would look nice, as the Georgia peach is unique, just not as a primary colour.

HAR- Love love love. :notworthy: Maybe just maybe use a white W on the home?

QUE- Fleur de Lis overload. Take those off the hem stripes, and use their old blue. In that case, though, you'd have to change the striping to not be a TBL copy...

HAM- Love it as its own concept, but the shoulder yoke doesn't work in a league with the Bruins. That's why it works better in your Bulldogs concept, but in this series, it works. Maybe have the logo be black w/ a thick white outline on the home?

Keep it up! Can't wait for the N-Stars and Seals!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

6 hours ago, Mercy_King said:

Whalers are PERFECT, just make the whale on the top of the jersey to be blue

With the Nords, the fleur-de-lis could still be on there, but could just be on the shoulders/sleeves and the pants, remove from the sides of the jerseys and move the fleur-de-lis on the sleeves to the shoulders

All in all great work!

Agree completely and I'm loving the Tigers. I think the white jersey looks amazing.

Two more teams today!

CALIFORNIA GOLDEN SEALS

+ weird script logo

+ general colour scheme

- new, wavy pattern added

- teal becomes green

image.png

ST LOUIS EAGLES

+ general colour scheme

+ eagle logo

- new, modern pattern

- new, Cards-style script

- red and blue coexist on same parts of uniform

image.png

North Stars are next. Not sure who's after that. Leave requests!

Archived