345 posts in this topic

So this is still a work in progress, but I'm making a new Vancouver concept.  Looking back on the history of baseball in Vancouver, the first long term team was the Vancouver Mounties.

6896443.jpg

3032_7195_thumb.jpg

vancouver-mounties-grounds-crew-jacket.g

So I took this and a few other images and this is what I have so far:

Mounties%20Home_zpsdiwmgsk5.png

Mounties%20Home%20alt_zpsdfvjyq51.png

Mounties%20Away_zpsdyt9gaod.png

Mounties%20Away%20alt_zpsfmp0foga.png

I went with maroon instead of a scarlet (which is the well known jacket color of the ceremonial uniform of the RCMP) because I thought it looked better and it gave, in combo with the navy blue, an old time feel.

I'm still working on the arm patch.  I've used their 1950's as a placeholder.  it will be based off this patch.  I'm also looking into a different cursive script on the uniforms.

But so far, what do you think?  Am I on the right track?

3 people like this

Love it. Definitely has a very regal look and feel. I agree that you need to find a better script. If you could find something that matches the one on the uniforms in that first photo, that would be perfect.

I would also base the home alt on the road alt--maroon with a white "VM" monogram and white numbers.

ok, so while I'm still working on the Vancouver Mounties and Salt Lake Bees, here is a double dose of updates.  The Angels and Rockies.

Angels pushing the white for home and black for the road while gold acts as an accent.

Angels%20home%20black_zpsnt668qam.png

Angels%20home%20alt%20black_zpswdc4ndqh.

Angels%20away%20black_zpsgiiuawii.png

Angels%20away%20alt%20black_zps0pqvltci.

For the Rockies I tried out the new Rockies purple instead of the more "grape" purple I used in my original post.  It think it has a better blend of dark and plays nice with the black.

Rockies%20home_zpsueqgumpy.png

Rockies%20home%20alt_zpsdicrwwwd.png

Rockies%20Away_zps9rprpmyu.png

Rockies%20Away%20Alt_zps9unygogz.png

2 people like this

Great update! And I agree, this new purple for the Rockies is a nice compromise between what the actual team used to wear prior to this season and your original shade. 

Can't wait to see the Bees!

I had an idea for the Bees, though it's a bit "out there." What about a gradient honeycomb pattern on the sleeves?