AT&T rebranding DirecTV

AT&T is phasing out DirecTV by changing the DirecTV dish logo to its own Death Star logo.  I believe they'll eventually eliminate the DirecTV brand altogether, which I think would be a mistake, but if it's part of their corporate strategy then I guess they know best.  (Not.)  What if they just tweaked their name little bit?  I borrowed and altered this lgo from the Cingular to AT&T transition logo.  AT&TV, anyone?

attv.jpg

This is like when Comcast rebranded their much hated cable/internet service to Xfinity.  It's the same turd, just wrapped in a different color aluminum foil.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So AT&TV is just your idea, right?  That's not real - or is it?  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There is no confirmation they're actually dropping the name, right? I get the idea of pushing things in another direction, but there is undeniable value in the DirecTV brand, which is one of the most visceral and recognizable brands in the industry. I sometimes wonder if these types of rebrands are ego-driven by overly ambitious executives trying to make their mark.

AT&TV actually crossed my mind too .. thought it was clever     Actually changing the whole company name to AT&TV isnt a terrible idea.   theres about 130 years of history with the AT&T name with a company that was literally founded by alexander graham bell ... BUT since they dont do telegraph anymore to my knowledge AT&TV kinda makes more sense   American Telephone and Television     But won't happen. 

they announced they are combining uverse and directv into AT&T Entertainment.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

On 6/7/2016 at 4:49 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

So AT&TV is just your idea, right?  That's not real - or is it?  

Just my idea.  I know they won't change their corporate name to AT&TV--even I wouldn't do it, even if it's just DirecTV--but I do believe that they are phasing out U-Verse and DirecTV and bringing everything into the giant AT&T umbrella.

On 6/8/2016 at 3:32 AM, C-Squared said:

There is no confirmation they're actually dropping the name, right? I get the idea of pushing things in another direction, but there is undeniable value in the DirecTV brand, which is one of the most visceral and recognizable brands in the industry. I sometimes wonder if these types of rebrands are ego-driven by overly ambitious executives trying to make their mark.

I am in agreement with you about the value and positive image of the DirecTV brand, but this is the company that decided to drop Cingular, which, IIRC, had a slightly better image and customer service than AT&T. (YMMV.)

http://deadline.com/2016/02/is-att-preparing-to-put-its-u-verse-video-service-into-reverse-1201703310/

Next thing is that AT&T-DirecTV will merge with Netflix, Amazon and Apple.  

The new company will be called "Go F*** Yourself." 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

6 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Next thing is that AT&T-DirecTV will merge with Netflix, Amazon and Apple.  

The new company will be called "Go F*** Yourself." 

I think you meant Comcast, Time-Warner-Charter and EA Sports.

2 hours ago, sayahh said:

I think you meant Comcast, Time-Warner-Charter and EA Sports.

Don't forget United Airlines! 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 6/9/2016 at 9:44 AM, goforbroke said:

AT&TV actually crossed my mind too .. thought it was clever     Actually changing the whole company name to AT&TV isnt a terrible idea.   theres about 130 years of history with the AT&T name with a company that was literally founded by alexander graham bell ... BUT since they dont do telegraph anymore to my knowledge AT&TV kinda makes more sense   American Telephone and Television    

How about American Telecom and TeleVision?

Archived