What jerseys would you like to see Mitchell & Ness recreate in the near future?

Tigers6884

I love M&N and I know it's probably the right thing to do for marketing purposes, but I hate them adding the M&N Classic Tab or non authentic add ons to the bottom of the jerseys - it kinda ruins the look. Additionally I wish they would add some prodcuts for all current Big 4 franchises - I know their thing is centered around more vintage teams, but I don't understand them having tons of gear for the OKC Thunder but not franchises that've existed for over 20 years.

Anyway, on topic, and I think they've done it but I wasn't in a buying position at the time, but I would love. cb4618f01e7d10b02df45b7f5ab99cec.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Case-in-point for why this era is too recent - there are currently 144 eBay auctions for Jason Taylor jerseys, including several brand new authentic jerseys. M&N projects are more logically left for long-defunct jerseys that you can't just buy online for 1/10th of the price.

I don't really use eBay for jersey shopping. It's mainly because some of their "authentic" jerseys look fake, plus it's a pain to find a size that actually fits me. Hopefully in the future, they'll consider making them.

16 hours ago, Discogod said:

Yeah, I'd love an '85-86 Moncrief road jersey. I've got the early 80s Lanier road jersey (plus a Sand Knit '85-86 home jersey) but the late 80s Bucks unis are my holy grail.

Considering how loved those uniforms are, they don't get a lot in the way of throwbacks.

And I believe they've never worn the triple green for any throwback nights they've had either.

15 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I don't really use eBay for jersey shopping. It's mainly because some of their "authentic" jerseys look fake, plus it's a pain to find a size that actually fits me. Hopefully in the future, they'll consider making them.

eBay is just one outlet. My point is, there is already a surplus of high-quality jerseys of any star player from the past 15-20 years. M&N would be wise to avoid modern throwbacks when high quality versions of the original jerseys are widely available at a fraction of the price. Most of M&N's best-selling throwbacks replicate styles worn before the big merch boom of the mid-to-late-90's that wouldn't otherwise be available. M&N is testing the "modern throwback" waters on NFL Shop, and, like Nike's "legend" jerseys last fall, I predict that they will hit clearance racks next winter due to poor sales.

43 minutes ago, Milkman14 said:

I'd love a John Randle Road Jersey.  If this falls under the not old enough category and anyone here knows were I can locate one PLEASE PM me.

Your best bet is to set an alert on eBay so you get notifications when one gets listed. There are several white replica Randle jerseys listed right now. Authentics from that era pop up pretty commonly, but get snapped up quickly as Buy-It-Now sales instead of auctions.

37 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

There are several currently listed on eBay.

Unfortunately those that are listed currently are not in my size.  Thanks for the heads up.  Ill continue to keep an eye out on eBay.  I swear it is near impossible to find anything in an XL or XXL. 

Vince Carter from the 2000s (they already have the big dino one from his rookie year but I prefer this)

carter_370_060111.jpg

90s Ken Griffey Jr. (I'd buy any Jr. jersey but this is just my favorite. Rumors are one might actually happen this year with the HoF induction.)

Ken-Griffey-Jr.png

Vikings Randy Moss (again I'll settle for either but I just prefer the white. Plus they already make a purple 2000 Cris Carter)

d98ea00d4ebc91e2e46c8ea65fa1d4a9.jpg

1997 White Steve Yzerman with the cup patch

97-cup-raise.jpg

Gretzky Lady Liberty Rangers. (If they make a Blues 99 they can make a Rangers. And the Lady Liberty is one of my favorite NHL jerseys ever)

5467.jpg

On 6/1/2016 at 1:32 PM, VikWings said:

Gretzky Lady Liberty Rangers. (If they make a Blues 99 they can make a Rangers. And the Lady Liberty is one of my favorite NHL jerseys ever)

5467.jpg

Yeah, I can't believe the St. Louis Blues Gretzky jersey exist but not a Rangers Gretzky jersey. 7232_5w8_95wgre4_1.jpg

XM4KeeA.png

Let me take a foot off my soapbox and participate... IMO, any of these jerseys would be hot sellers in 2016:

Jim Harbaugh - 1998 Baltimore Ravens - Purple Home Jersey (would be M&N's best-seller!)

Jim Everett - 1989 Los Angeles Rams - White Away Jersey

Steve Young - 1985 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Orange Home Jersey (w/ 10th Anniversary patch)

Doug Flutie - 1988 New England Patriots - White Away Jersey

Mark Brunell - 1995 Jacksonville Jaguars - Teal Home Jersey (w/ Inaugural Season patch)

There are 4 they made at one time I'd like to see them bring back.  1) Namath - '77 L.A. Rams, 2) Riggins - '82 Redskins, home white,  3) Baugh - '47 Redskins, 4) Howard - '69 Senators  

Also, 1984 Orioles orange w/30th anniversary patch

Finally, what I wouldn't give for a reproduction of this jacket
Ted-Williams1.jpg

more images here http://www.100percentauthentic.com/Certificates/Details/1969-Washington-Senators---Ted-Williams-Game-Worn-Rawlings-Jacket-Provenance-LOA--Photo-Match-84321/84321

Archived