IHL 2017

JCRGraphix

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up next are the Denver Grizzlies, the IHL affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche. For their design, I used bits of their original branding as well as re-using a grizzly logo I designed a while back.

Original Logo:

original.png

Main Logo:

main.png

Main Logo recolored for NHL Affiliate Night:

nhlcolors.png

Secondary Logo:

secondary.png

For their uniforms, I used their original color scheme, but stayed away from ridiculous 1990s touches (claw marks) and went with a traditional yet angled look.

Home Uniform:

home.png

Road Uniform:

road.png

Third Uniform:

third.png

Throwback Uniform based on their 1994-95 uniforms:

throwback.png

NHL Affiliate Night Uniform:

nhl.png

NBA Night Uniform:

nba.png

As someone with a mild dislike for the Browns, your Owls set rubbed me the wrong way. It's my hang up, though, nothing you did wrong. Great work!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Up next are the Toledo Goaldiggers, the IHL affiliate of the Columbus Blue Jackets. This design takes from years of hockey history in Toledo.

Original Logo:

original.png

Main Logo:

main.png

nhlcolors.png

The uniforms are based on those of the Toledo Mercurys who were the first Toledo franchise in the IHL. The third uniform is the closest to those uniforms:

Home Uniform:

home.png

Road Uniform:

road.png

Third Uniform:

third.png

Throwback Uniform based on their 1976-77 uniforms:

throwback.png

NHL Affiliate Night:

nhl.png

DC Comics Night (Green Lantern):

dccomics.png

1 minute ago, ahowe6464 said:

Beautiful. I actually dislike Green Lantern a lot, but that uniform is amazing. Why the old logo on the shoulders though?

The old logo will still be part of their current branding since it's one of my favorite old logos.

Up next are the Houston Aeros. For them, I decided to go for a modern look based on the F-22 Raptor instead of the WWII era bomber. The points are both a nod to the lone star state and to the Dallas Stars, their NHL affiliate.

Original Logo:

original.png

Main Logo:

main.png

nhlcolor.png

Secondary Logo:

secondary.png

Archived