NHL 3rd Jerseys (Predators added 6/30)

Seattle1917

So @Baseballfan and I have been working on a new series: NHL Third Jerseys. We will be redesigning each NHL team's third jerseys, or adding a fourth jersey to some teams. We greatly appreciate C&C, though some updates may be updated at the very end due to our schedules. We will be posting about two or three teams a day. First up we have two teams with red thirds: Winnipeg and Columbus. We felt that both these teams would look great in red. Columbus uses their very popular alternate logo on the front. We decided to use the Jets alternate, to change things up. Again, C&C is appreciated!

Columbus Blue Jackets Third Jersey.png

Winnipeg Jets Third Jersey.png

DQdYUuA.png

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

Jets is sharp.  I'm unfamiliar with that logo.  Is that something they're using as a patch or something?

In honor of the big game today, we have the Pittsburgh Penguins and the San Jose Sharks. For the Sharks, we decided to go all out with an orange third jersey. We used a new version of their striping from their uniforms before their current ones, replacing teal with orange. We added the shoulder patch logo from their stadium series, because it's too good not to use. For the Penguins, we went with a yellow third, but we wanted to be different than their current Pittsburgh gold sweaters. We used a modified version of the New Jersey Devil's striping on their throwback sweaters. We also created our own shoulder patch logo, following the triangle theme of their logos. C&C appreciated! 

Pittsburgh Penguins Third Jersey.png

San Jose Sharks Third Jersey.png

DQdYUuA.png

As a sharks fan The orange has actually grown on me since the SJ barracuda made it their alt. I would just change the main logo to the fin and the shoulder patch to the shark you used on the chest or the SJ logo. But if you wanted to avoid the orange, grey is always a good choice.

2eg6xaq.jpg16hsymw.jpg124zfop.jpg49ers_89.jpg

6 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Oh man. Way too much orange. For a Sharks fourth I'd use a direct throwback, or a "combination of eras"-type jersey.

I see your point, but what we were trying to do with the Sharks was something that they hadn't done before, which we thought the orange would accomplish.

2rhu4wn.png5zip.png28meq29.gif

5 hours ago, JT17 said:

As a sharks fan The orange has actually grown on me since the SJ barracuda made it their alt. I would just change the main logo to the fin and the shoulder patch to the shark you used on the chest or the SJ logo. But if you wanted to avoid the orange, grey is always a good choice.

Thanks for the suggestions, glad to see we aren't the only ones who like the Sharks in orange.

2rhu4wn.png5zip.png28meq29.gif

9 hours ago, Baseballfan said:

I see your point, but what we were trying to do with the Sharks was something that they hadn't done before, which we thought the orange would accomplish.

It's definitely different, I'll give you that. I think it's just a bit weird at first, because looking back on it it's not that bad.

There is no such thing as TOO MUCH ORANGE...

I don't think it's that new of an idea, that's why their AHL affiliates use it.

20160108_tierney_DL.jpg

As for the concepts here are my comments:

I find that they are all a little too similar, arm stripes, yokes, etc.

Something bothers me about the extra higher stripe for both Pittsburgh and Winterpeg.

If these are to be Fourth, they need to be very different from what they have in Home, Away and Third.

I would take inspiration from vintage jerseys: teams with heritage would be easier, but you can go Faux-Back as well.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Ok so we have heard your critiques, and updates to Pittsburgh and San Jose will be out soon. In terms of similarity, most teams in the NHL have similarities in striping, colors, and yokes. But this series is only just begun, so don't worry... We had the title Fourth Jerseys because we thought it would be a play on it, but that was a mistake. This is a third jersey series based on teams current sets, so we will change the title. Sorry about the confusion there. 

Next we have the New York Rangers. I like their current third jersey, but I wanted to see one with their crest on it. So we updated it a little, and used their Winter Classic logo, since it fits their current third well, and added to new striping. The cream is also on their current third, but we are considering maybe using white if cream is disliked poorly.For the shorts, I like their stripes, but it used so often, just wanted to change it up a little. C&C appreciated! 

New York Rangers Third Jersey.png

DQdYUuA.png

My only question is why you keep referring to yourself in third person??? 

1 hour ago, Seattle1917 said:

Ok so we have heard your critiques, and updates to Pittsburgh and San Jose will be out soon. In terms of similarity, most teams in the NHL have similarities in striping, colors, and yokes. But this series is only just begun, so don't worry... We had the title Fourth Jerseys because we thought it would be a play on it, but that was a mistake. This is a third jersey series based on teams current sets, so we will change the title. Sorry about the confusion there. 

Next we have the New York Rangers. I like their current third jersey, but I wanted to see one with their crest on it. So we updated it a little, and used their Winter Classic logo, since it fits their current third well, and added to new striping. The cream is also on their current third, but we are considering maybe using white if cream is disliked poorly.For the shorts, I like their stripes, but it used so often, just wanted to change it up a little. C&C appreciated! 

New York Rangers Third Jersey.png

Who's we?

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

13 hours ago, Seattle1917 said:

So if you read the intro, I have teamed up with @Baseballfan for this project. Also we is first person plural. But I could be more consistent about "I" and "We", sorry about that. 

Gotcha... I guess I missed that part in the intro. I was a little confused there, but that makes sense. :lol:

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived