UEFA Euro 2016 Thread

lopernv

28 minutes ago, Magnus said:

Welp. Britain announces its intention to leave the European Union, Iceland promptly gives them a "see you later in the EEA". 

Wales voted Leave and advanced to the next round so this doesn't exactly work. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Magnus said:

Yeah. Should have just said England. My bad.

It's not only you. 

There's probably tons of North Americans that are making similar jokes. Your joke was just the first one I saw so it's not me ganging up on you. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Just now, Nyk33 said:

It's not only you. 

There's probably tons of North Americans that are making similar jokes. Your joke was just the first one I saw so it's not me ganging up on you. 

No harm, no red card foul. 

In 2002, a Swedish newspaper published pictures and NHL salaries of their hockey players after Belarus' Salt Lake shocker.

I can see that happening with Premier League salaries with some British papers, who are about to have a FIELD day with this.

45 minutes ago, Nyk33 said:

Wales voted Leave and advanced to the next round so this doesn't exactly work. 

Not all of us did - neither has our team!

The Right will always be wrong,

Conservatives-Dragging the world kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

I really feel like the English just didn't know what to do after the equalizer. Hart bumbled that second goal in and that was it. I felt like I was watching a punch drunk boxer walking right back into another left hook and not deciding to put his hands up. McManaman is a horrible announcer who seems to take pleasure in poking at the teams he used to play for. Sometimes I wonder how that team would play if the media supported them instead of ripping them at every step.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

Post match, Roy Hodgson has just announced his resignation live on the telly.

Mind, saying that he seemed to have quit at half time...

More like 18 minutes in.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

31 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

Post match, Roy Hodgson has just announced his resignation live on the telly.

Mind, saying that he seemed to have quit at half time...

As soon as the final whistle blew, I hit the talkSPORT app and waited until the blackout period ended and I could hear the analysis.

I now feel worse after hearing the tirades and Stan Collymore was the calm one.

When I saw the score of the game waiting to get home, I thought it was a typo. No way could Iceland lead England, let alone at the half.

Yet, when I watched the final 15 minutes of the game, it happened. It's one of those moments where I was like "Wow. This is really going to happen".

Congrats to Iceland. Proof that even the smallest of nations can field a strong national team.

If after three matches from each country at this tournament you “never thought” Iceland could beat England, well, I don’t know what to tell you.

Yeah sure, the narrative machine of course would’ve told you otherwise, but this was an England side that failed to beat Russia or Slovakia playing against an Iceland side that beat Austria and drew Portugal. You tell me which team was more impressive in the group stage…

6fQjS3M.png

Archived