UEFA Euro 2016 Thread

lopernv

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

The Yankees? They are more like the Maple Leafs, aren't they? :P

That's actually a good analogy - great history, extremely disappointing ever since?

spacer.png

I'm so done right now. This already felt like the final tonight.

But as a Germany fan I was so afraid, because I don't know how it is to get kicked out before the semi-finals. :P

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

33 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

I'm so done right now. This already felt like the final tonight.

But as a Germany fan I was so afraid, because I don't know how it is to get kicked out before the semi-finals. :P

You might have to face France in the semis who are also a tough opponent. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

1 hour ago, Nyk33 said:

You might have to face France in the semis who are also a tough opponent. 

IMO if Germany face France they will win by at least two goals. France has done nothing in this tournament to make me think otherwise. 

Also I think Germany may have just won the tournament tonight. France would be their toughest opponents, and I've already said my feelings on that game. Portugal has the talent to compete with them but I'm pretty sure they still haven't won a game at this tournament in 90 mins. Iceland and Wales, while great stories, can't realistically beat the reigning world champions. 

Can you imagine the scenes though if Joe Allen wins a European Championship 

EDIT: Zaza and Pelle's penalties though image.gif

spacer.png

Oh well, if the  Germans didn't beat the italian team with the least attacking talent in living memory, with practically the whole starting midfield missing, they were never going to beat Italy again. Still, italy managed to push the world champions to the brink. 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

So, can someone that knows explain to me what this was supposed to have accomplished?

Because it mostly looks like he was scared out of his wits to take the kick.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

IMO Pelle's penalty was worse. Plenty of players have put penalties over the crossbar in their careers, but idk if I've ever seen a penalty as bad as Pelle's. It was on the ground, slow, and wide of the post. Plus, he had less pressure on him than Zaza bc Zaza was put on specifically to take the penalty. 

I mean, look at this:

image.png

spacer.png

Pelle's penalty was way worse than Zaza, Zaza is an undeveloped beast, that was always known, but it's more Conte's fault for putting him in just for penalty when he was never a penalty taker. He acted like an idiot, but at least his penalty was hit hard

Pelle` acts like an idiot, he goes to :censored:ing Neuer telling him that he will do a panenka, but you're not Totti or Pirlo, you're a 30 year old mediocre striker that barely starts for freaking Southampton and who only starts for italy because everyone else either sucks, blows, has knees that are made of paper, or has maximum 3 functioning brain cells. You're mediocre with your feet and you go to the current best goal keeper telling him that you will chip him, only to kick a terribly weak penalty. Made even worse because if he scores the momentum was all with Italy and they would have had a 3-1 lead. I would have felt bad for him if he didn't do that gesture, he's had an excellent tournament and it would be have been hard for him to do more, but he's an idiot.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Even though the game ended 5-2 for France, give Iceland credit for making an effort in the 2nd half.

If the qualifying stage (where they swept the Netherlands and had splits with two other Euro qualifying teams in Turkey and the Czech Republic) was the introduction to what they can do, then the main tournament itself was the coming out party. Don't be shocked if they can get out of their qualifying group for the 2018 World Cup.

As for the semis... While Portugal-Wales is going to be a good match up, Germany-France has more on the line... see, if Germany wins, then the winner of the Portugal-Wales match gets an automatic bid to next year's Confederations Cup in Russia (Germany already was in thanks to winning the World Cup)

On 02/07/2016 at 2:03 PM, Berlin Wall said:

The Yankees? They are more like the Maple Leafs, aren't they? :P

Alas, truth is truth.  I quit rooting for England after their putrid 2014 WC results, not least controlling the Uruguay game only to let Suaraz take it from them.  Joe Hart makes Tony Romo seem like Joe Montana.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Archived