High School Wildcat Logo

SkyCal

9 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

For me, the ears are the problem , I know angry cats have angle ears downward, but yours are almost parallel to the head. I think a slight rotation would help it look at least a tad more realistic 

Ditto to this. Maybe just the top half of the ears could be folded slightly down.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

The thing about this one that really isn't working for me is the whiskers. They bring the whole logo sagging down. I think you should thin them out and make them straighter. Look at how the whiskers are positioned on your reference image. 

Actually, I wanted to write a bit about the eyes too, but I found it easier to redline. I redlined it using the reference image you provided! Let me know if this is not clear.

wildcat redline.png

On June 7, 2016 at 0:21 AM, suplauren said:

The thing about this one that really isn't working for me is the whiskers. They bring the whole logo sagging down. I think you should thin them out and make them straighter. Look at how the whiskers are positioned on your reference image. 

Actually, I wanted to write a bit about the eyes too, but I found it easier to redline. I redlined it using the reference image you provided! Let me know if this is not clear.

wildcat redline.png

Your input helped out a TON!  Appreciate it. 

The one thing that should be fixed to make this a submitable logo.....

Change the bottom teeth on the light blue wildcat. They kind of look like a half mouth guard. I'd just make it to where it's just the teeth, not the stuff between it.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

12 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

The black/white version looks really good, I think a small thing is the white teeth for me. I think keeping it to only two colors looks cleaner.

I agree.  I actually got rid of the white teeth right after I posted that black and white version last night. I too thought it looked pretty clean without the teeth being separated by color.  Thanks!

I think you are getting real close. A couple critiques that I have as a complete amateur.

Your Black and White version looks better for a reason. The white teeth are throwing off your color logo right now. Don't think that you have to keep them white to represent teeth. I think they actually will look fine as part of the main body color.

Also, the ears would look so much better if they followed the same basic lines as your eyes and whiskers.

kitty.png

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

I think the white could actually be an asset if you also use it in the eyes. Right now the eyes are really hard to distinguish. You could add a little white to literally be the whites of the eyes, and maybe a shine in the pupil, and that would make them stand out. Lots of improvement though. I agree with @Rambulance that it'd be smart to mimic the shape of the eyes and whiskers in the ears.

I did my own 'wildcat' logo a few years back, and this is how I went with it, just as a reference: 

tumblr_n0rkq7q8zG1tsbizko3_500.gif

• 3 months later...

I think the worst college sports logo has to go to WSU. It looks like something I might have made in fifth grade, using the letters to make the crude shape of a cat. I have no affiliation with the college, but I kinda feel embarrassed for them, because they are apparently proud of it. Look it up; you'll see what I mean. Attached is the best wildcat logo I've seen.

2014060514200722521.jpg

Edit: Except for the one right above this, which is awesome. I like this if you're sticking to a symmetrical view, except I'd cool it with all the zig-zagging. Once or twice, OK, then leave it.

Archived