tvan3230's MLB Uniform Concepts

tvan3230

This is my first concept on the forums. I chose to do the Padres first, mostly because their current set is bland (except the brown alts). I brought back the old color scheme, as well as the recently retired jersey script. It's kind of a mash-up of multiple eras.

padresuniformconcepttvan3230.jpg

My second one is the Arizona Diamondbacks. In my opinion, the recent rebrand was a disaster. I don't like the gradients, new dark gray road uniforms or the teal. That said, I do like the new snake/ball logo, so I added that as a patch/cap logo on the road cap. I also added numbers on the shoulder.

dbacksuniformconceptstvan3230.jpg

Padres look good but I agree with ahowe6464 that the number font is unrealistic.

By eliminating any trace of sand/copper/teal you've really lost the whole Southwestern/desert vibe for the D-Backs. 

I also created a few new designs for my team, the Tigers. I realize that the Tigers' uniforms are among the best in the league, but I just thought I'd throw together a few ideas. I didn't dare change the classic old english D on the hat, but I did add some striping and other elements to the uniforms. The home and alt use the "Tigers" script, while the road uses the old english D much like the current home. Feel free to comment.

detroittigersuniformconceptstvan3230.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

These are a few Tampa Bay Rays designs I put together. The Rays' current set is good, but a little bland. I placed more emphasis on the light blue, adding it to the stripes and home/alt hat. I threw in a vest for the away uni, just for something different.

tampabayraysuniformconceptstvan3230.thumb.jpg.c97b6d2fd634a0303d08277360791275.jpg

I love the Padres concept with a standard number font.  That should literally be what they wear today.  I would say the same for the Rays.

Love the D-Backs and Tigers.

The LA Angels concept is really interesting, particularly the alternate with the gold.  Have you considered the old interlocked LA they used in the PCL back in the sixties instead of the State of California on the cap?  I think a slightly updated version of that would look great.

Can't wait to see the rest!  Good stuff.

mainescarf.png

• 1 month later...

Here's a concept I made for the Marlins. In my opinion, the current uniforms are a definitive downgrade from the teal and black days, but I do like that they tried to add a more Miami feel to their identity. I reduced black from many aspects of the uniforms promoting teal instead.

I started my concept by combining the Marlin from the previous logo with the current "M," replacing the gray outline with a black one and changing the blue to the original teal color. I added that new logo to the "Miami" wordmark, while also varying the color of the accents on the letters (alternating between teal, orange, and yellow). The home uniform places the "M" logo opposite the number rather than the "Miami" wordmark. The road is similar to the current road but incorporates teal. The alternate is a teal colored jersey with the Miami wordmark and the number on the front. I created a brightly colored hat, something that has a Miami vibe, which includes a teal base, an orange brim, and a yellow button. The alt has a white-paneled variation.

miamimarlinsuniformconceptstvan3230.jpg

Archived