NFL teams should follow this and see how it goes. If it limits drunken fans at games and it's only slightly more expensive than bringing your own beer in, fans might be fine with the switch.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 hours ago, 2001mark said:

Argos as franchise have no where to go but up.  If the team on the field can't bring us in, maybe creating a social buzz of an outing will.  

Frankly, this is smart. As a huge TFC fan who was not thrilled to find out that the Argos are moving into BMO (the whole removal of grass thing) I think this plays right to that community.

No, not just the beer. The idea of getting together pregame with friends who share a same interest is what i'm leaning towards when I make this statement. It's a whole event, not just "going to the game". 

Well done Argos.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I am very, very excited for the Argos this season. BMO looks spectacular, tailgating should be a ton of fun, and we have the Grey Cup in November -- which the Boatmen have a respectable shot at. I've already snagged a three-game flex pack and, by the looks of it, so have many other fans. Good riddance, Rogers Centre!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Magnus said:

Bump. First game of the season for Toronto, tomorrow night against the Tabbies. AAAAAAAAAAAARGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!

TSN gets my tv rating only because curious how it looks at BMO.  Cheap tickets for a Jays game still less than Argos- that's a problem for me when I just wanna sit & toss a few back live.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Mind you, tickets cost more for a football game because there are only about 1/10th as many played. I understand why there's a difference. Baseball is a game; football is an EVENT, especially now that tailgating is happening.

CFL kickoffs tonight with Hamilton @ Toronto.  American viewers can check out the game on ESPN NEWS at 4:30 Pacific. Montreal at Winnipeg tomorrow on ESPN 2 at 5:30 and Calgary at BC Saturday at 7:00 on ESPN 2 as well. 

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm fine with the home helmet for BC, but it's weird that there's no sideline gear with that logo on it.

Yeah, I think TSN has the classic Lions logo for its visuals also.

From best helmet, hands down, to worst.  

@2001mark

Is there a reason why the Argos are playing at BMO this season? I thought they always played at the Rogers Center.

Oh, and I thought it was weird as hell to see the Stampeders in black lids. The Lions in black made sense and looked good, but Calgary didn't.

3 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Is there a reason why the Argos are playing at BMO this season? I thought they always played at the Rogers Center.

Oh, and I thought it was weird as hell to see the Stampeders in black lids. The Lions in black made sense and looked good, but Calgary didn't.

The Argos, starting with the 2016 season, have moved into BMO permanently.

Jays didnt want them and wanted a dirt infield and all grass, but only got the first

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

12 hours ago, DiePerske said:

The Argos, starting with the 2016 season, have moved into BMO permanently.

Jays didnt want them and wanted a dirt infield and all grass, but only got the first

I think their lease/deal ran out & Rogers said get out by '16.  They would've been homeless this season if not for MLSE(?) & BMO Field.

BMO should work out for them fine, I think them being underdogs in TFC's stadium gives them a bit of charm.  Much more than sticking a new stadium in Downsview Park with little fan support... they'd be crucified.

@2001mark

Archived