If you could change any championship outcome, Which would it be?

jrodsep

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following Kramerica idea, I would trade all 4 championship from the Browns on the AAFC and give 2 of them to the Browns in the SB era, One to the Indians during the Belle era and one to the Cavaliers during the Lebron 1.0 era. 

2007 ALCS. 3-1 up on the Red Sox, and blew the chance to wipe the floor with the god-awful Rockies. That’s the one that hurt more than anything the Cavs have done — or the Browns haven’t.

From non-Cleveland/ND/other things…

2010 Final Four.

2014 Champions League Final, more than this year. Atleti fans deserve a European Cup, damnit.

2011 World Series, just because that was so painful.

2012 NBA Finals, given how preposterous it’s gonna be when this Thunder team never walks away with a title.

Super Bowl XLIII, both from the Steelers perspective and the whole “Fitzgerald’s touchdown could’ve been an iconic moment” one.

Literally, like, any Stanley Cup Final since the lockout.

6fQjS3M.png

3 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

1998 Caps v. Red Wings. Another example of a flukey play gifting an incredibly successful franchise a championship over one that still has no titles. 

Reveal hidden contents

What the hell, the 98 Capitals were the most worthless Stanley Cup Final team since the expansion years when they rigged it so the Blues kept getting there. They were a garbage team who got smoked because all the good teams in the East got upset.

Also the best answer to this is having that half-court prayer by Butler actually go in and beat Duke. That would have been incredible.

1zgyd8w.jpg

The 1984 Stanley Cup Finals.  Would have liked to see that Isles dynasty get their 5th in a row.

The 1994 Stanley Cup Finals so that the Rangers' drought would have continued into perpetuity (it'd have been 76 years without the cup but for the '94 team.)

The 1994 NBA Finals Knicks should have won that.  The only good years that franchise had when I was growing up they'd lose to the Bulls in the playoffs.  The one time they didn't they lost to Houston in the Finals.

The 2001 World Series.

The 2003 World Series.

The 2015 World Series closest 4-1 series I've ever seen where the end result very easily could have been the other way around.

2003 (2002 season) NFC Championship Game.

1.  The final game at the Vet, the entire city was amped like I've never seen.

2.  That was probably the best of those Eagles teams, and objectively way better than Tampa Bay.

3.  THey had owned Tampa Bay, defeated them earlier in that very season, and it was freezing cold, all of which pointed to an Eagles win.

4.  They would have demolished Oakland in the SB, just like Tampa did.

5.  They were far and away the better team.

That was the first of many times Andy Reid was woefully outcoached in a big game, and the first of many McNabb chokes.  Also the baffling decision to get rid of Jeramiah Trotter rather than pay him hurt, as they had a fat ass out of shape Levon Kirkland playing linebacker, and Barry Gardner who was below average at best.  Also they had Blaine Bishop at safety, who admitted that he was old and tired and not really "into it" anymore.

TO make matters worse, the pipes were frozen and burst in the 700 level of the Vet, so the bathrooms were out of service.  Dudes (including myself) were purchasing giant sodas just to have the cup to pee in right in the concourse.  There were literally dudes just peeing in the concourse into cups.

I've never before or since ever felt physically sick over a sporting event, but that one hurt, and spawned my eternal hatred of Reid and McNabb.  All anyone was looking forward to was two weeks of Super Bowl prep and the parade.  Losing to that Tampa team was a disgrace that will forever tarnish Andy Reid, almost as bad as him choosing his career over his family and letting his kid die.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Definitely the 2014 NHL Conference Semi-Finals game 6. Or at least the way it ended. If the Hawks had scored a half decent goal, compared to one of the luckiest goals I've ever seen, then I guess it would be different. The Wild definitely had the potential to beat the Hawks in 7 that year, and at least winning game 6 would have been a small victory for the Wild. 

And I'd change the 2009-10 NFL Conference Finals. The one where the Vikings lost on a field goal in OT to the Saints. It really stung in the few years after, when the Saints little search-and-destroy plan was discovered, AND the NFL changed the OT rules to where both teams get possession... That's probably the most pissed off I've been about a sports game...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2003 Stanley Cup. It be interesting to see what would have happened if the Mighty Ducks had won and won under the Disney ownership, especially since the Disney owned Angels won the World Series the year before.

What happens to Kariya?

Are the Mighty Ducks still the Mighty Ducks to this day? I'd say probably not though.

IbjBaeE.png

11 hours ago, ElwoodCuse said:

Also the best answer to this is having that half-court prayer by Butler actually go in and beat Duke. That would have been incredible.

I'll second that.

My choices --

Super Bowl III and 1969 World Series . . . even if was only 2 at the time.

And the 1979 World Series.  Definitely the 1979 World Series. My family still knows not to play "We Are Family" around me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Illinois vs. North Carolina.  Sean May can rot in hell.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived