NCAA Basketball Changes 2016/17

TVIXX

On 12/11/2016 at 4:04 PM, Webfooter said:

They actually look pretty good but I think they'd be even better with the wings on them.  Hopefully they'll be getting another white set that actually has green and/or yellow on them.

Looks like you got your wish as the Ducks are debuting a second white set tonight with green trim, green wings on the shorts and "Oregon" on the chest. Looks really clean, might be my new favorite of the new set. The white and apple green just work so well together.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/12/2016 at 10:56 PM, mstein said:

In addition to Duke releasing a new white Vapor version of its 2014 and 2015 fauxbacks (Vapor system plus Nike Platinum Elite medallion on neckline and "D" on waistband now) worn against Michigan State and Florida, there is an updated blue version as well it appears:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzgHNI4XcAI1T30.jpg:large

So, Duke has at least 3 white, 3 to 4 blue and one black uniform, plus the annual one offs that will show up in February.

Well, Let's hope they stick with the faxbacks for the home and the road for the rest of the year. It's the closet thing to classic 1990-2004 look that we'll get. I also liked last year's black uniform with white numbers and lettering better too.

5 hours ago, jdukie said:

Well, Let's hope they stick with the faxbacks for the home and the road for the rest of the year. It's the closet thing to classic 1990-2004 look that we'll get. I also liked last year's black uniform with white numbers and lettering better too.

Duke could have as many as 10 uniforms we are rotating through:  White: 1) Disruption uniforms dating back to 2015; 2) standard Vapor uniforms; 3) Vapor fauxbacks; 4) the annual February one-off TBD; Blue: 5) Disruption uniforms dating back to 2015; 6) standard Vapor uniforms; 7) Vapor fauxbacks; 8) 2016 Disruption II uniforms from Feb 2016; 9) February one-off TBD.  Black: 10) Standard Vapor uniforms.

Duke has already worn 1, 2, 3 and 10 each multiple times and oddly wore 8) in the blue-white game.   We know 6) and 7) are in the rotation as well, the rest is speculation based on past practice, but there will be at least one February one-off.  2, 6, and 10 are Duke's standard home, road, and alternate uniforms.  Overkill for a sport with 31 regular season games and potentially 9 postseason games.  Duke had 6-7 uniforms in 2015 and 2016, never even wearing one of them in 2015.  And Duke only wore its standard blue uniforms last year once -  the ACC Quarterfinals.

On 12/16/2016 at 7:11 PM, RyanMcD29 said:

and Syracuse confirms throwbacks for tomorrow

The womens' team is following suit, with new jerseys featuring the old-school script on a modern template:

The script on the women's jerseys and the throwbacks from the Georgetown game is thicker and wider than on the originals.

Original:

pearl.jpg

Throwbacks, 2016:

Cz5OvYzWIAAlQT-.jpg

Even the jerseys they wore in 2014 with the mismatched blue shorts were more true to the original script:

syracuse-orangmen-hyper-elite-dominance-

2 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Not sure why, but Oregon is using a white version of their Disruption uniforms from last season.

C0ybW6KVEAEb0JH.jpgC0ybl7SUQAA2qbe.jpg

Came here to say the same thing. Seems very random since all of the other uniforms they've worn this season (excluding the exibition games) have been on the new template and they already have two new white uniforms. My guess is that they either had these uniforms ready last year but never got around to wearing them or there was a delay in getting them and are just now wearing them. It's a shame they aren't wearing yellow or at least their new white and green uniforms tonight, though. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Oregon is going with a green set of their new Fighting Ducks uniforms.  They now have 2 white, yellow, and green uniforms, with one having the wings and the other without.  Wouldn't be surprised if they break out another black one without the wings.

6 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon is going with a green set of their new Fighting Ducks uniforms.  They now have 2 white, yellow, and green uniforms, with one having the wings and the other without.  Wouldn't be surprised if they break out another black one without the wings.

Big fan of these ones, as I've been for pretty much all of their uniforms thus far this season (the only exception being the white and silver one). I do find it a bit odd that they seemingly have two separate sets, one with the wings and one without, but I'm glad that each set has some consistency and I too would not be surprised at all if they ended up having a second black uniform sans wings and presumably with the Duck logos to match the rest of the uniforms that do not have the wings on the shorts.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Big fan of these ones, as I've been for pretty much all of their uniforms thus far this season (the only exception being the white and silver one). I do find it a bit odd that they seemingly have two separate sets, one with the wings and one without, but I'm glad that each set has some consistency and I too would not be surprised at all if they ended up having a second black uniform sans wings and presumably with the Duck logos to match the rest of the uniforms that do not have the wings on the shorts.

With the way Oregon has been branding themselves lately, I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that they're basing one set of uniforms around the Oregon O and wings while the other is based around the Duck logo.

On 12/14/2016 at 9:56 PM, mstein said:

Duke could have as many as 10 uniforms we are rotating through:  White: 1) Disruption uniforms dating back to 2015; 2) standard Vapor uniforms; 3) Vapor fauxbacks; 4) the annual February one-off TBD; Blue: 5) Disruption uniforms dating back to 2015; 6) standard Vapor uniforms; 7) Vapor fauxbacks; 8) 2016 Disruption II uniforms from Feb 2016; 9) February one-off TBD.  Black: 10) Standard Vapor uniforms.

Duke has already worn 1, 2, 3 and 10 each multiple times and oddly wore 8) in the blue-white game.   We know 6) and 7) are in the rotation as well, the rest is speculation based on past practice, but there will be at least one February one-off.  2, 6, and 10 are Duke's standard home, road, and alternate uniforms.  Overkill for a sport with 31 regular season games and potentially 9 postseason games.  Duke had 6-7 uniforms in 2015 and 2016, never even wearing one of them in 2015.  And Duke only wore its standard blue uniforms last year once -  the ACC Quarterfinals.

Well according to Duke's Gameday post on social media they will be wearing the blue faxbacks tonight at FSU. This will be the first time blue of any template will have been worn by Duke. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived