NCAA Basketball Changes 2016/17

TVIXX

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they're all pretty sharp. I'd like NC States shorts better if they hat 4 claw marks instead of 3 but there's nothing blatantly bad about any of them and none of them are great, but they all work.

28 minutes ago, YessSir32 said:

Michigan's plane slid off the runway on the way to the B1G tournament yesterday. Alternate travel plans did not get their uniforms to DC. Looks like they're wearing their practice uniforms (Maize jerseys, Blue shorts).

https://twitter.com/umichbball/status/839872555972497412

The team's gear in the cargo hold cannot be removed as it's part of the accident scene.

Regardless, someone in the basketball office or athletic department who was not in the traveling party should've overnighted a set yesterday.

That Michigan story is one of those classic uniform-related stories we all love and will remember for years.  I just hope that if they win they don't decide that it was good luck and keep wearing 'em.

(probably not; I assume Nike has something in store for the Dance)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

7 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

More than anything I'm just surprised that they let Illinois go with their navy uniforms. Makes for a very confusing matchup from the waist down. 

IMG_3047.PNG

Illinois is the 9 seed to Michigan's 8.  Unless the Illini also brought an orange set, navy is likely all they brought as it is unlikely they'll be the higher seed on the weekend. 

2 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Illinois is the 9 seed to Michigan's 8.  Unless the Illini also brought an orange set, navy is likely all they brought as it is unlikely they'll be the higher seed on the weekend. 

Yeah I understand that, but I'd imagine they would've brought orange too since they can also be worn for road games. Even if the orange set was at the hotel, I would've thought the B1G would make them get them for better contrast.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

More than anything I'm just surprised that they let Illinois go with their navy uniforms. Makes for a very confusing matchup from the waist down. 

IMG_3047.PNG

Why are you watching game from the waste down?  Maize vs. navy is pretty easy.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

But wouldn't they bring their whites anyway?  It's possible, at least in theory (it would take four upsets), that they'll be the higher-seeded team for a game on Saturday.  I'd think only the 1 seed and the bottom seed would bring only one uniform.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

14 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Why are you watching game from the waste down?  Maize vs. navy is pretty easy.

Have you ever played basketball? During play there are numerous times where you're only able to see players' lower halves due to the fast paced nature of the game (loose ball scrums, screen actions, etc.). My point was that it's a confusing matchup for the players, who often times have to rely on quick glances of players' legs, etc. during the course of play. From a viewer perspective it's not too bad, but it certainly could be made better by the Illini in white or orange.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I assume Michigan couldn't get a full uniform set together because they had all their sets in the cargo hold of the plane.

Illinois in orange versus Michigan in yellow wouldn't be any better, visually.

Also, I play basketball all the time. And every time I play, there are guys on one team who wear the same color shorts as players on the other team. They can even wear the same color shirts! If a bunch of guys in their 30s can handle that, I think college athletes can handle people wearing matching shorts.

1 hour ago, Ben5 said:

I assume Michigan couldn't get a full uniform set together because they had all their sets in the cargo hold of the plane.

Illinois in orange versus Michigan in yellow wouldn't be any better, visually.

Also, I play basketball all the time. And every time I play, there are guys on one team who wear the same color shorts as players on the other team. They can even wear the same color shirts! If a bunch of guys in their 30s can handle that, I think college athletes can handle people wearing matching shorts.

The concern isn't about the players. It's about the viewers, the refs, and the stat crew, among others.

John Beilein said that the jerseys are still stuck on the plane as part of the investigation.  He said they will have to wear the practices uniforms for the rest of the tournament. Michigan will flip the jersey inside out and wear all blue practice uniforms tomorrow.  

Archived