NCAA Basketball Changes 2016/17

TVIXX

Those Michigan unis are INCREDIBLE, Jordan has really outdone themselves with all of their designs. My only beef is the way the back looks with this template, it really looks like a sports bra. 

3 hours ago, Chilton92 said:

I'm kinda torn, to be honest. Not sure whether to blame Nike for the Secretariat "homage" or Kentucky for not realizing that using a design from a rival team might not have been the best decision.

I say both deserve blame, but I'll place more on Kentucky. They should really know better. As I said, it's a good look in a vacuum, but I question the thinking behind it. It's not like Kentucky has no history of their own to draw from, why rely on things like horse racing for your designs?

spacer.png

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

i have a feeling that the tank-cut will make it on to the 2017-18 NBA unis too. could be problematic. i especially don't like the back of the uni. looks to be uncomfortable.

I think they'll come up with 2 to 3 different cuts, we know they'll roll out another uniform in February. I was thinking about this today too. This works for teams with traditional looks but not teams with a lot of piping and the wishbone neckline.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, rickyISking said:

I think Nike creates a different template for the NBA, like they did for the NFL.

I would like to see how Giannis Antetekounmpo's name looks on those jerseys.

The NFL Elite 51 template was the pre-existing Nike Speed Machine template introduced in college the year before.

On 9/29/2016 at 4:44 PM, RyanMcD29 said:

Syracuse sticking to what they have but it looks like there's a new patch on the jerseys for some reason or another

CtjF4I4VIAArGrm.jpg

You can't tell in this photo, but Syracuse, as shown in other photos, like every other Nike Platinum Elite and Nike Silver Elite school we've seen so far is using the new Vapor template the National Team used (Duke, UConn, Syracuse, Kentucky, Arizona, (we've haven't seen UNC, Florida or Nova on the Platinum side yet); Michigan State, Ohio State, Arizona, (all Silver) and Michigan (not an Elite school) have all switched to this template).  Michigan women also using the new women's national team template which is a different cut of the Vapor template.   The patch is the new ACC Basketball patch below the ACC-mandated American flag.  The patches previously had the standard ACC logo and were on the back for most, but not all teams.

10 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Is it me or do those shorts look like a bad pair of briefs with the elastic completely ruined and stretched all the way out...?  The baconing is kinda weird on the mannequin.

Those mannequins have strange dimensions. The waist band is probably just too big.

No pics yet, but Arizona will be wearing the Vapor template beginning this season, with redesigned uniforms. There will be 8 uniforms this season, the regular white, red and blue, along with a USS Arizona uniform (a tribute like they did in football vs. Hawaii), a pink breast cancer awareness uniform, camo vs. Michigan State in the season opener in Hawaii, what was described to me as a solid white or "stormtrooper" uniform for a whiteout game, and another that has yet to be shown but more than likely a HyperElite. The only thing that Arizona wanted to keep on the uniform was the traditional 'CATS' down the leg of the shorts.

Oregon is having their media day today so we may see if they're updating their uniforms as some of the players have hinted about new uniforms.  I'd assume they'd be moving to Nike's new template but with how semi-traditional Dana Altman is, it's unknown if it'll just be porting over their base design from the past several seasons or a complete redesign.  It's unknown if they'll be keeping their faux-retro green and yellow uniforms as well as their white and anthracite Disruption sets.  It's widely assumed they'll have a special set for when they play in the Maui Invitational.

26 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon is having their media day today so we may see if they're updating their uniforms as some of the players have hinted about new uniforms.  I'd assume they'd be moving to Nike's new template but with how semi-traditional Dana Altman is, it's unknown if it'll just be porting over their base design from the past several seasons or a complete redesign.  It's unknown if they'll be keeping their faux-retro green and yellow uniforms as well as their white and anthracite Disruption sets.  It's widely assumed they'll have a special set for when they play in the Maui Invitational.

I've been quite fond of the set they've had since moving into Matt Arena but it's definitely time for a change. I'm hoping it's not a drastic change, but I certainly wouldn't mind if some of the elements from the faux-retro green and yellow uniforms make it into the new set, whether it be as alternate uniforms or as the basis for the primary uniforms.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 10/3/2016 at 10:08 AM, TVIXX said:

I'm guessing they go some kind of fauxback route, using the same template as Michigan. This article I found makes some very interesting observations...like the possibility of the wordmark being BELOW the numbers.

http://www.anonymouseagle.com/2016/10/6/13183374/we-need-to-talk-about-the-new-marquette-golden-eagles-mens-basketball-uniform-teaser-video

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

I'm guessing they go some kind of fauxback route, using the same template as Michigan. This article I found makes some very interesting observations...like the possibility of the wordmark being BELOW the numbers.

http://www.anonymouseagle.com/2016/10/6/13183374/we-need-to-talk-about-the-new-marquette-golden-eagles-mens-basketball-uniform-teaser-video

You can see from this slightly edited image of the screenshot from the teaser video that the wordmark is indeed below the numbers, at least on this one jersey:

IMG_2296.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

23 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I've been quite fond of the set they've had since moving into Matt Arena but it's definitely time for a change. I'm hoping it's not a drastic change, but I certainly wouldn't mind if some of the elements from the faux-retro green and yellow uniforms make it into the new set, whether it be as alternate uniforms or as the basis for the primary uniforms.

We are surprisingly conservative when it comes to hoops uniforms, considering our football team. I love the cohesiveness of the current sets. Some of the alternates have been kind of out there, I'm not a fan of the light grey's or the anthracite's. I'd welcome some change though. I'd like to see the addition of the feather pattern somewhere, whether it's slightly subliminated on the shorts or worked into the stripes on the sides. 

3 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

We are surprisingly conservative when it comes to hoops uniforms, considering our football team. I love the cohesiveness of the current sets. Some of the alternates have been kind of out there, I'm not a fan of the light grey's or the anthracite's. I'd welcome some change though. I'd like to see the addition of the feather pattern somewhere, whether it's slightly subliminated on the shorts or worked into the stripes on the sides. 

Yeah, I think some sort of feather pattern would be nice somewhere. Maybe something similar to what the women's team unveiled prior to last season:

IMG_2297.JPGIMG_2298.JPGIMG_2299.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Last season, Oregon actually reduced the amount of uniforms with the base design while keeping a few alternate sets.  Of the base design, they were down to the white home, black away, and the two Fighting Ducks versions.  The alts included green and yellow versions of their Tall Fir faux-retros, white and anthracite versions of the 2015 Hyper Elite Disruption uniforms, and a black version of the 2016 Hyper Elite Disruption uniform.  It'll be interesting to see if their base uniforms get a facelift for the first time since Altman got there or if the new uniforms the players were talking about were just special one-offs for the Maui Invitational or another new alternate set.

Archived