NCAA Basketball Changes 2016/17

TVIXX

Oregon's representative at Pac-12 Media Day (Sophomore guard Tyler Dorsey) unsurprisingly wore the yellow fauxbacks so the wait continues to see the new Oregon uniforms on an actual player. On another note, the Cal player that was present debuted some new road uniforms on the new template:

IMG_2397.JPGIMG_2398.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon's representative at Pac-12 Media Day (Sophomore guard Tyler Dorsey) unsurprisingly wore the yellow fauxbacks so the wait continues to see the new Oregon uniforms on an actual player. On another note, the Cal player that was present debuted some new road uniforms on the new template:

IMG_2397.JPGIMG_2398.JPG

That's just the current away uniform (see below) with the dot graphics removed and a gold waistband.  I bet the dots will be back for the start of the season

CalMensUniforms4.png
5988948297141010_1b3ff86965ea3d43831701f

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

No offense to this guy but I don't know what to say. Is this supposed to be selling the shirt? I don't get it.

The guy is just modeling the new jersey.  It's from the UO's bookstore website so typically they use people who work for them to do the modelling.

35 minutes ago, radchad said:

That's just the current away uniform (see below) with the dot graphics removed and a gold waistband.  I bet the dots will be back for the start of the season

CalMensUniforms4.png
5988948297141010_1b3ff86965ea3d43831701f

The pictures I posted show the updated version of their road uniforms on the new Nike template. They are replacing the uniforms from the past couple of seasons.

Here's the updated white version:

IMG_2401.JPGIMG_2402.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

The guy is just modeling the new jersey.  It's from the UO's bookstore website so typically they use people who work for them to do the modelling.

Or random students which is probably who this guy is. My coworker does modeling for TDS and they just randomly picked him out but keep giving him call backs. He roped me into their commercials last year but they didn't want me for product modeling :cry:

Yesterday was picture day for Auburn, and we got to see the full orange uniform. Slight changes including the collar and the shorts striping now includes the AU, rather than the logo being placed in front.

This new template isn't all too great for colors. The mesh areas are a different shade with the orange. Hopefully they aren't Nike sweatbox bad, and don't look awful on the blue or white sets

CvUdaimXEAAgvek.jpg

Capture.JPG

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Interestingly, in the Blue-White game on Saturday, Duke's White team wore the Disruption jerseys unveiled against Syracuse in 2015 and later used for the entire National Championship run.  They were an alternate white jersey option used frequently last year.

The Blue team wore the 2nd generation Disruption uniforms with the black stripes on the pants which were Duke's one-off last year, worn at Louisville.  Interesting choices, since they appear to be two different sets which presumably aren't in the rotation anymore:

http://www.goduke.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?PALBID=1997558&DB_OEM_ID=4200 

http://www.goduke.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?PALBID=1997558&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Maybe they are still in the rotation with the new Vapor template white, blue, and black jerseys.  Last year, Duke had its 3 standard jerseys, the original Disruption jerseys in both blue and white, and the blue Disruption IIs worn at Louisville.  Duke actually had 7 jerseys (3 standard, 2 Disruption, 2 fauxback Dominance) in 2015, but never wore the blue Disruption jerseys.

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They may not have the full set of new uniforms yet so that would explain using two older sets.

Well, they already had all the new white ones for their promo photos, added the names and numbers of the freshmen to both of these sets and the new ACC Basketball patch on the front to both, so I don't think so.  Suggests that the 2015 Disruption and 2016 Disruption II sets are now in the rotation.

11 hours ago, 14er said:

I'm still disappointed Duke tweaked the classic sword panel. I hate the set they wore during the 2015 tournament. 

I don't really like any of Duke's post 2004 alterations of the uniforms (except for the 2014 and 2015 fauxbacks).  The "classic sword panel" is actually referred to by Duke and Nike as a diamond pattern, but it is really just an extension of Duke's 1980-1994 striping, which was altered to the "diamond" in the 1994-95 season when the shorts were elongated.  The 1994 set is still Duke's best set, followed by the 1998 set which has the best version of the black uniform before the white trim was slowly removed in each revision.

On 10/21/2016 at 4:08 PM, Webfooter said:

Ah, so this isn't a Nike model thing? I thought maybe they were going for the "everyday man" look or something. New marketing strategy.

Wisconsin's about what I expected.  My least favorite part is two stripes on each part of the neck.  I find those distracting.  I also feel the stripes on the bottom-front of the shorts should go all the way around.  But unlike hockey and football (slight downgrades), I'll say that the basketball uniforms are an upgrade.  The Adidas font was getting really stale, as was the use of black trim.

I don't love this number font (two-digit numbers seem to be too close together) but it's at least a change and at worst a push from the old; and the simple red/white design is an upgrade.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

12 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Wisconsin's about what I expected.  My least favorite part is two stripes on each part of the neck.  I find those distracting.  I also feel the stripes on the bottom-front of the shorts should go all the way around.  But unlike hockey and football (slight downgrades), I'll say that the basketball uniforms are an upgrade.  The Adidas font was getting really stale, as was the use of black trim.

I don't love this number font (two-digit numbers seem to be too close together) but it's at least a change and at worst a push from the old; and the simple red/white design is an upgrade.

Yup...about what I expected too.  Nothing too flashy, but an upgrade.  I'm not a huge fan of this number font either, but I guess it's an improvement.  It almost looks like it's just a thinner version of the Adidas font. It definitely does not belong on a football uniform.

15 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Yup...about what I expected too.  Nothing too flashy, but an upgrade.  I'm not a huge fan of this number font either, but I guess it's an improvement.  It almost looks like it's just a thinner version of the Adidas font. It definitely does not belong on a football uniform.

It's worse on football for sure.  The uniforms are so tight that folds cause issues distinguishing 3, 6, 8, and 9.  It happens to me a couple of times a game.  I doubt it will be a problem in basketball, though the narrowness could be a minor problem.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived