2016-17 CHL uniform/logo thread

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dante_X said:

New primary for the Silvertips (new jersey coming too)

Gg9rqRaT.jpg

I knew it! No one sells authentics for $150 unless they are clearing them out for something new.

Edit: If that is the new logo, not a fan of the shape of it at all. I don't mind the change but it's not the best look they'll have had.

On August 29, 2016 at 1:10 PM, monkeypower said:

This is new to me. I hadn't heard any Hitmen jersey rumors.

Also the back in black hastag makes no sense because they were never not black.

EDIT: I wonder if it's a new jersey for their Teddy Bear Toss game. The jersey they have used for years for that game is red and it's the only non-black Hitmen jersey I can think of off the top of my head, leading me to the back in black hastag. There's also a new sponsor for the game too starting this season.

New jerseys (home and away) for the Hitmen are being unveiled Wednesday at noon. Press release saying so was just sent out.

20 minutes ago, OMMF said:

I knew it! No one sells authentics for $150 unless they are clearing them out for something new.

Edit: If that is the new logo, not a fan of the shape of it at all. I don't mind the change but it's not the best look they'll have had.

That logo, if the new primary, would be the second time it would be used. It was also their 'primary' for one season only when they had one-year jerseys for their 10th Anniversary season.

16 minutes ago, Stroboy said:

New jerseys (home and away) for the Hitmen are being unveiled Wednesday at noon. Press release saying so was just sent out.

Where's this release, I kind of want to see it because I had no idea these new jerseys were coming.

I will say, right now it appears to be a major improvement.

IbjBaeE.png

19 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Where's this release, I kind of want to see it because I had no idea these new jerseys were coming.

I will say, right now it appears to be a major improvement.

Press Release looks like this:

image.jpeg

New Hitmen jerseys.

Buy and large, I'd say it's an improvement over the old jerseys just getting away from the modified Ottawa template, though I'm not a fan of having the Buffalo style piping and armpit colours and I don't really like the numbers. 

I'm also not sure about them flipping the logos on the jerseys and having the black on black.

IbjBaeE.png

51 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Phantom yokes are one of the worst forced trend ever, the piping is ugly as always, the armpits are stupid and the numbers font is horrible. CHL uniforms are doomed with Reebok and their goddamn templates.

This. I don't see why they're still trying to push them all these years later when it's never looked remotely good on anything they've tried them on. Also, these new black Hitmen jerseys would look so much better if they'd use the simple white mask logo they use on their website banner instead of the black on black mess they went with.

7 minutes ago, vman said:

Also, these new black Hitmen jerseys would look so much better if they'd use the simple white mask logo they use on their website banner instead of the black on black mess they went with.

That's the weird thing. On the jerseys since the Edge switch (2010 IIRC), the Hitmen have the black mask on the white jersey and the full logo on the black. Don't know why they decided to make that change.

IbjBaeE.png

When I saw the teaser I knew they'd be using the Sabres template, but I was hoping they'd do away with the pitstains and useless piping (or at least make them the same colour as the jersey). Unfortunately they did not, and have prevented these from being a truly great set. Definitely an improvement over the last template though. 

Better look at Bulldogs' new shoulder logo (ignore the text at the top)

B822684437Z.1_20160830221402_000_GC71NPQE1.1_Gallery.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived