Lights Out's NHL: Golden Knights, Capitals, and Jets Winter Classic (p. 5)

Lights Out

S7kfRep.png

Columbus' popular third jersey returns as the basis of their Winter Classic set - with a better number/NOB font that matches the font on the crest more closely.

nvzroQ3.png

The Stars get a modernized fauxback to their inaugural Dallas-era uniforms. Instead of keeping the mismatched striping, I picked one striping pattern and stuck with it.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aKEbiNi.png

The Panthers' Winter Classic is based on their 2013-16 uniforms, albeit with the flaws of the striping fixed. I decided to use the prototype logo that the Panthers considered in 1993 because it looked more vintage to me than any logo they've actually used.

5TVRyeU.png

The Kings get a mashup of their inaugural look and the anniversary alternate they wore this past season.

xLmjWVv.png

NSNBart.png

The Predators get a fauxback that pays homage to the Nashville Dixie Flyers of the Eastern Hockey League.

vwRQ01R.png

The Devils also get an EHL fauxback, inspired by the Jersey Devils of the '60s. I decided to take some liberties with the red jersey, as the one they actually wore was a Blackhawks ripoff. To avoid that comparison, I just made the red jersey a color-swapped version of the white one.

xLmjWVv.png

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:13 AM, Lights Out said:

gKMGlsg.png

The Bruins' Winter Classic set is inspired by their 1940-44 set, but with black changed to brown and the striping made more consistent. I decided to keep the front numbers on the road whites because it's a distinctive look.

D6qMYDG.png

The Sabres get a throwback-inspired look for the Winter Classic with a few tweaks. Perhaps the most noticeable tweak is to the logo. I have never liked the rendering of the buffalo on their classic logo, so I swapped it out for one of the silhouettes they were considering during the design process for the Buffaslug. I also tweaked the striping on the road whites to make it consistent between the sleeves and the hem, and I ditched the redundant shoulder logos.

WOW! JUST WOW!

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, Lights Out said:

S7kfRep.png

Columbus' popular third jersey returns as the basis of their Winter Classic set - with a better number/NOB font that matches the font on the crest more closely.

nvzroQ3.png

The Stars get a modernized fauxback to their inaugural Dallas-era uniforms. Instead of keeping the mismatched striping, I picked one striping pattern and stuck with it.

I like the Stars two tone green and yellow colors. WOW. I like this to be shown more. This looks awesome!

6 hours ago, Lights Out said:

NSNBart.png

The Predators get a fauxback that pays homage to the Nashville Dixie Flyers of the Eastern Hockey League.

vwRQ01R.png

The Devils also get an EHL fauxback, inspired by the Jersey Devils of the '60s. I decided to take some liberties with the red jersey, as the one they actually wore was a Blackhawks ripoff. To avoid that comparison, I just made the red jersey a color-swapped version of the white one.

Those Preds/Dixie homage fauxbacks are super-sweet. That's a nice bit of researching and designing!

yHWmOeb.png

This is bound to be unpopular, but the Islanders' Edge 1.0 set is still my favorite uniform set they've ever worn. So for their Winter Classic look, I decided to translate it to the CCM cut as faithfully as I could.

LHQZjEo.png

The Rangers' Winter Classic look is inspired by their 1946-47 sweater, which featured a distinctive collegiate-style wordmark arced across the front.

xLmjWVv.png

zIKkQTk.png

The Senators get a blend of eras. Their home Winter Classic uniform is based on the barberpole look worn by the famed Silver Seven (hence all the silver worked into the design). The road uniform is based on the rather plain look worn by the 1901 Senators.

BdGMHqG.png

The Flyers get a Winter Classic look that pays tribute to Philadelphia's original NHL club, the Quakers.

xLmjWVv.png

8J4RGVg.png

The Penguins' Winter Classic set draws inspiration from two different uniforms in Pittsburgh hockey history: the Pirates' 1925-28 sweater, and the Pens' infamous third jersey from the '90s.

4Gg0Xhj.png

The Blues get nearly a straight throwback to their 1998-2007 look, my personal favorite of theirs. The only changes I made were fixing the color distribution on the white sweater and making the sock stripes flow better with the rest of the uniform.

xLmjWVv.png

awg3j4s.png

As a brand new franchise in a non-traditional market, Vegas was always going to be the trickiest team to come up with a Winter Classic look for. I eventually settled on a fauxback inspired by the Las Vegas Thunder of the IHL.

3VjsUIc.png

The Capitals get a slightly simplified version of their 2015 Winter Classic uniform, with a matching white sweater.

W7fCPdV.png

The Jets get a mix between their inaugural WHA-era uniforms, their original NHL-era uniforms, and their current look.

That's it for the Winter Classic looks. I was planning on doing Stadium Series concepts for every team too, but I think I'm going to end the series here for the time being because I'm getting bored of making NHL concepts. I hope everyone enjoyed it!

xLmjWVv.png

On 7/12/2017 at 11:05 AM, Lights Out said:

yHWmOeb.png

This is bound to be unpopular, but the Islanders' Edge 1.0 set is still my favorite uniform set they've ever worn. So for their Winter Classic look, I decided to translate it to the CCM cut as faithfully as I could.

That set would've been so much better if only they'd taken the faux-yokes off. If they'd just removed that little bit of piping, that would be their best set ever.

That 'Canes logo is brilliant!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived