Fictional MLB Expansion Concept: Carolina Pilots

zigzagman

I've been trying to come up with an identity to use in my OOTP 17 sim when I expand the league in the future.

I decided to roll with the Carolina Pilots.  I was trying to keep the logo simple as it's clear that MLB logos are much less busy than their minor league counterparts.  The baseball stiching was adapted from a clipart file and is not my own design.  Fonts aren't original.

Interested in some constructive criticism of the first sports logo I've made in years.  

carolinapilotsprimarywatermark.png

Not a bad start, especially since so much was cobbled together from outside sources.

The wording looks a bit lopsided, especially on the Carolina. I don't think the C styling is working for the logo. Finally, if your color scheme is light blue/dark blue/white, another color for accents would probably be beneficial.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I'm using Inkscape which makes putting text on a circle path a real pain.  As for the colors, I thought yellow would look good, but then it's looking very similar to the Rays.  I decided to stick with the Carolina Blue and navy.  I might play around with an orange and see if that would look good.

Thanks again for the CC.  Much appreciated!

Wow, I'm actually impressed. I clicked on it thinking it was gonna be a modern Seattle Pilots, turned out to be another OOTP fan. I do agree that the wording seems a bit off. The only thing I suggest is maybe make the wings just slightly larger so you don't have the classic roundel feel. Also I'm not quite feeling the font for the big 'C' in the middle, it could just be the outline though

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

I do like the C but after reading your guys' comments I started to see how it may look out of place.  I like the C because I wanted something that looked like it was in flight.  I also like how the tail flows with the seems of the baseball.  That said, with the upward motion of the C and the straight on wings, they didn't work well together.

I tilted both and threw some orange in as another accent color.

carolinapilotsprimary2watermark.png

I really like the color scheme. I understand the intent behind the stylized C. The execution, though, looks more like a tail than invoking flying. I think there might be a better way of attaining the desired effect. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Similar to what someone said above, but the light blue/orange combo doesn't always work. I like the addition of the orange though, as the navy/light blue reminds me too much of North Carolina. I think having orange and navy as your primary colors would look good, then maybe throw in a dark gray as an accent.

I think the light blue is better. A darker blue runs the risk of getting too close to the Mets colors.

Archived