Euro 2016 uniform match-ups

steven919

Thought we could have a thread were we discuss how good the match-ups looks.

France vs. Romania is a decent start. The individual uniforms are OK, and there's a nice clash here between blue/red vs. yellow. More interesting to look at than an ordinary dark vs. white match-up. White pants instead of blue for France would have made this better, but from what I understand the regulations are that teams should wear all dark or all light. Don't know the details on those regulations though, maybe someone else has better knowledge? The more I look the more irritated I get that the stripes on the pants and the stripes on the jersey doesn't match for Romania.

GettyImages-539278562.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see other people chiming in. Liked both early games. Red and black is a combo rarely seen in international games so that's nice. I actually like the Swiss white. All white can benefit from a bit of extra striping.

Then we get a nicely clashing red vs. blue with simple yet elegant uniforms.

England-Russia is not a good looking match. Never liked the only socks in a different color look and here we get a double serving. England in their classic white-blue-white vs. all-red Russia would have looked great. Worst so far.

607118477_LB_4566_FFD257953E766267014D8CBB26EA6342_3209.JPG

I loved the contrasting socks on France, brought a splash of red to a jersey sorely lacking it. 

Feel just about the opposite of England though. The red felt very forced. 

spacer.png

Turkey vs. Croatia is a great looking game. Nike's two best looking uniforms with patterns that are unique and connected to the countries. Red/black vs blue is a great color clash. I like simple, classic uniforms, but when it comes to newer, more elaborate designs it doesn't get much better than this.

GettyImages-539532066.jpg

Agree with all so far. Looks odd for the England shirts to have light blue, navy blue, AND red accents. In general I've been unhappy with Nike's efforts for England, though they were drifting from navy shorts even during the late Umbro years.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

6 minutes ago, Digby said:

Agree with all so far. Looks odd for the England shirts to have light blue, navy blue, AND red accents. In general I've been unhappy with Nike's efforts for England, though they were drifting from navy shorts even during the late Umbro years.

I think that has something to do about new rules that go in the direction of wanting teams to be either all dark or all light, but I don't know exactly how those rules are worded, how strict they are or when and where they apply.

From what I understand they don't want colorful games like this anymore:

Picture-10.jpg

49 minutes ago, steven919 said:

I think that has something to do about new rules that go in the direction of wanting teams to be either all dark or all light, but I don't know exactly how those rules are worded, how strict they are or when and where they apply.

From what I understand they don't want colorful games like this anymore:

Picture-10.jpg

I think all dark and all light has been used as an excuse by Nike and adidas to change up classic looks. We had a discussion regarding this during the World Cup. Looking at the USA vs Colombia picture here, that's how Colombia should always look and the USA using dark or navy blue with red or white shorts and blue socks. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Pabig said:

This would have been more than enough contrast.

PlBB40S.png

UEFA wouldn't allow this. The only place this would be allowed is MLS and only if one team's alternate is closer to the other's primary kit. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived