Euro 2016 uniform match-ups

steven919

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mockba said:

Belgium in that light blue against Sweden in yellow was a ridiculous choice.  

Yeah, mystifying, and clearly made it more difficult to tell the teams apart. Also sad that Sweden's cool heathered away never saw the field during the tournament.

On the divisive Spain kit: looked bloodstained from far away, but up close I love that pattern. Very fresh look.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

It's probably been mentioned before, but the Belgium away kit is based on the uniforms worn by the (immensely successful) Belgian cycling team.  In that regard, I think it's a fantastic tribute that makes for a really excellent kit.

CToTRoyWIAAkQPw.jpg_large-e1447426831917WATSON_00003972-099-630x419.jpg

Time for best and worst from the second half of the group stage.

Worst is yet again England in their awful mix of red, dark red and blue. Slovakia isn't too bad, just a victim of playing against England and wearing all white.

2381449_w1.jpg

No obvious winner, but I give best match-up is Sweden vs. Italy. These teams both wear simple, good looking uniforms. This match-up has looked the same at least since the invention of color TV and it's nice to see they haven't changed. Nothing spectacular, but very solid.

GettyImages-540904042.jpg

On 6/22/2016 at 4:40 AM, steven919 said:

Croatia vs. Spain. Another all blue vs. all white. I've complained about that before, but in this case both uniforms are so good looking I don't mind it at all. Red and yellow on white is a great look and it's a very nice clash against Croatia's blue. Top notch.

607133077_DM_0869_E89FFADA65CEA53B3099CD687E24DDA9_3349.JPG

Looks like the Spain player had a heart attack and his heart literally exploded out of his chest.

Archived