MLB Series in Paint by Carolingian Steamroller (Green Rays Update)

Carolingian Steamroller

One last request for the Astros--Could you take the original moonrise colors (used on the trim, shooting star lines, etc.) on the orange alt but use the white lettering? I think that was the one thing missing from the previous version. 

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SFGiants58, thank you so much for the kind words are constructive comments! Your series was the standard I'd held myself to for this one. I see we have some personal preferences that differ (I adore the gold panel Brewers cap for starters) but that's why we get to make our own designs. I'll maybe look into that Tigers-style belt loops for the Reds. Also I've definitely envisioned proper vests for the Rockies which is why the cuffs are curved inward rather than straight. On the Diamondbacks roads, I considered red script/numbers but I really liked the contrast of doing black caps/sleeves with red script/numbers at home and reversing it for the road. Also, the black script allows me to match the black "A" on the red cap just as the red scripts match the red "A" on the home uniform. So those were the reasons. But again thank you, thank you, thank you for the kind comments. 

Thanks to everybody for your support! This was a lot of work.

Special thanks to @coco1997 who really encouraged me to start a complete series and to @Paul Lucas who contributed so many comments.

Cheers! 

1 minute ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Like the full pullover versions because the cap/sock design is one of the alts on the Pirates post?

No, like a modern version of it. I've always envisioned the Pirates returning to the vests, but having a modern version of the '71 for when they wanna wear a sleeved jersey. 

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Road10.png

Yes, that's perfect! And I love that Chance-inspired Sox set! I did a few of my own a few months ago. 

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Special thanks to @coco1997 who really encouraged me to start a complete series and to @Paul Lucas who contributed so many comments. 

You're too kind. I was just a voice of encouragement and offered some feedback along the way. 

On 23 June 2016 at 1:28 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

So the genesis of this Brewers concept was my own inadequacy. I like the Brewers and I'd been thinking about how best to update them, and then I saw this concept by @SFGiants58 and realized there was no way I could top that. That one is pretty much perfect so all I could do is try to go in a different direction. I took the idea of the Brewers as a Midwest, prairie club and tried to create a Frank Lloyd Wright style wordmark with barley sheaf reminiscent of FLW windows. Miller Park has the retractable roof which seems to make everything seem muted and dull so I turned the color up to 11 with lots of gold and bright blue wherever I could put it. Since the team seems constitutionally incapable of moderation when it comes to alternates, I gave them two. 

Home Small Barley.png

Alternate Home.png

Road.png

Road Alternate.png

Love,it,great to see the old me logo back in use,also

love the state sleeve logo.

image.jpgimage.pngimage.pngGo the Blue Jays!And New Zealand!

image.png

• 4 weeks later...

I've continued to tinker with my Brewers concept as something kept bugging me about it and I thought it merited a repost. I've shaded the blue to be a little richer and a little darker to better match what's worn on the field. The biggest change is that I've adjusted the numbers to better match the script with a more slender number with thicker outlining. I think this change has made all the difference and really adds the correct amount of contrast. 

Cheers!

Home Small Barley.png
Home Yellow.png

Road Primary.png
Road Softball.png

• 3 weeks later...

Great designs....some of the teams I was impressed with include the Mets, Braves, Rangers, Astros, and the A's.

I love what you did with the Orioles set going with the classic scripts of the Brooks Robinson era....can you try to revamp the home and alternate jerseys with these 80's scripts? Maybe even add a black jersey (orange wording with white outlines) in the same style too?

1yfhp7wmyeg1awk9vuckjlmg2.png8979_baltimore_orioles-jersey-1984.png

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

9 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Great designs....some of the teams I was impressed with include the Mets, Braves, Rangers, Astros, and the A's.

I love what you did with the Orioles set going with the classic scripts of the Brooks Robinson era....can you try to revamp the home and alternate jerseys with these 80's scripts? Maybe even add a black jersey (orange wording with white outlines) in the same style too?

1yfhp7wmyeg1awk9vuckjlmg2.png8979_baltimore_orioles-jersey-1984.png

So I've gone back and revise the entire set with an '80s eye. That means orange/white/black stripes on pants and jerseys, tail-less script, white front cap at home and away, and swinging bird sleeve patch.

Home.png

Away.png

Alt.png

Wonderful job putting together those uniforms!! I absolutely love the look they had from the days of guys like Eddie Murray and Rick Dempsey and of coarse, early Cal Ripken Jr...it's like a cut above the current set they wear right now. This is how they should step onto the field!

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

• 1 month later...

Updates to both Chicago teams. Cubs were tweaked slightly on the home uniform with the logo. Road uniform has a cleaner script and an underline that matches the cuff and pants stripes. 

Home Uniform 2.png
Away 2.png

White Sox have been nearly completely rebuilt using a stripped down black and white. Sleeve patch comes back in black and white. Sleeves for both home and away uniforms are white with black cuffs. Pants are solid black for home and away. Everything clean and simple. 

Home76White.thumb.png.023dc68d73fe436953ae947e3cd8721e.pngAway76White.thumb.png.43ebaac03921127b1bbf1a342959c34e.png

• 1 month later...

Archived