MLB Series in Paint by Carolingian Steamroller (Green Rays Update)

Carolingian Steamroller

I really like the out of the box design for Arizona, looks way better than the junk they are wearing now. I'm also impressed with your quality in MS Paint, love to see someone doing that as a former paint user myself, keep up the great work man!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continuing with the NL we have the Dodgers. 

No big changes as the Dodgers are about as perfect as it gets. I added the streaking baseball detail to the sleeve logo, which has always seemed lonely to me. For the road uniform I added the double headspoon stripe from the Jackie era. While I didn't want to do a Brooklyn throwback per se as the move is a fairly final moment in team history, I did add an alternate home uniform reminiscent of the satin uniforms the Dodgers wore for night games. 

C&C as always. Cheers!

Home.png

Away.png

Alternate.png

The Dodgers look really solid. I appreciate all the added touches like the streaking ball on the sleeve logo and the headspoon piping on the road jersey.

For the alternate, what if you inverted the colors so it was a blue jersey with white script and striping?

Today we have the Padres. 

The question was not whether the Padres would bring back the brown but what form that would take. I think the brown and gold color scheme works best. Looking at the history of the Padres, I think incorporating the raglan sleeves from the '70s uniforms is the best way to add just the right amount of goofy, especially when blending it with traditional sleeve and pants striping. I've used the modern SD logo and the mid '00s numbers because I think they give a good fresh look. For whatever reason, I've never seen anyone try using the white/gold combination for the SD on a brown cap but I love it. For the home uniform I used the classic font which give the uniform as a whole an almost a 1930's feel. For the road I went with the SD, reminiscent of the 80's roads. Sleeve patch uses the '90s and 00's style swingin friar with a nice roundel to partially separate it from the sleeve. I've incorporated gold sanitary socks because that is just too cool a look not to use it. 

C&C as always. Enjoy!

Padres Home.png

Padres Road.png

Padres Alt.png

Archived