MLB Series in Paint by Carolingian Steamroller (Green Rays Update)

Carolingian Steamroller

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're on the right track but I think you overdid it just a bit with the gold. I would lose either the crown on the jersey or the numbers on the front of the uniform. Do that and I could see this being a pretty cool Friday/Sunday alternate. 

34 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

How's this? I love that crown logo so I'm keeping it. 

Crowned Royals.png

Much better! I'd still like to see what it would look like with the shoulder patch on the chest, but I'm fine with this. 

Rounding out the AL Central with the Twins.

The Twins added gold to their official color scheme two years ago and its officially gummed up the works. This is a team in a serious identity crisis. So, trying out something different, I thought to extent that gold even further by eliminating red completely. For the primary script I've gone with a hybrid of the classic 60's look with the modern Puckett-era underlining of "win." For an alternate I've combined the Minneapolis Millers throwbacks with an all blue St Paul Saints to achieve a fauxback that's definitely different. 

C&C as always. Enjoy!

Home.png

Road.png

Millers.png

Gosh, I absolutely love everything about this set. Maybe my favorite of the whole division. I don't find myself missing the red one bit. And that monochrome fauxback is an absolute gem! 

Can't wait to see the AL West!

Into the home stretch. Starting the AL West today with the Astros. I had this idea of doing the shooting star era Astros design with their tequila sunrise pattern in place of traditional piping. It really came together when I dropped the orange outline from the letters and numbers, going with only navy really creates a nice contrast with the orange of the piping and the stars. I've also added the sunrise pattern to the sleeve patch. For the stirrups I went with an old minor league club design. I like where the alts would up. I'm glad I could make the orange cap work, although I am sad the orange jersey couldn't fit in the package. 

C&C as always. Enjoy!

Home6.png

Home Alt Cap.png

Home Alternate.png

Alternate.png

Road3.png

I'm really digging the Astros! I like that you brought back the shooting star. Also, the subtle nod to the sunrise...bravo! I'd like to maybe see a blue bill/button on the orange cap...and maybe an orange button on the blue cap. Great work!

Archived