My question is in regards to the Canadian Football League. I have never watched the CFL regularly, but I figured I'd give it a shot this year. I want to follow one team and see how it goes. I actually watched the BC-Saskatchewan game on ESPN3 on Saturday and I found myself rooting for BC to win. With that said, I have watched a few Toronto games in the past. I also plan to watch the Winnipeg-Ottawa game on ESPN3 to get a feel for Winnipeg. So basically I'm down to either BC, Toronto, or Winnipeg to start watching regularly.

Any CFL fans have any input and can attempt to guide me into the world of Canadian Football?

23 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

My question is in regards to the Canadian Football League. I have never watched the CFL regularly, but I figured I'd give it a shot this year. I want to follow one team and see how it goes. I actually watched the BC-Saskatchewan game on ESPN3 on Saturday and I found myself rooting for BC to win. With that said, I have watched a few Toronto games in the past. I also plan to watch the Winnipeg-Ottawa game on ESPN3 to get a feel for Winnipeg. So basically I'm down to either BC, Toronto, or Winnipeg to start watching regularly.

Any CFL fans have any input and can attempt to guide me into the world of Canadian Football?

I'm an Argos fan, but. 

Cheer for the team that is the closest to you, and that you will watch regularly. Don't worry about one at first, just feel it out. 

Do you have Canadian sporting allegiances outside the CFL? If so, go for those cities. 

In short, like any other sport, keep loyalties to cities and importantky, who you will commit to.

Also feel free to ignore all of his, because sports should be fun. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

53 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

I'm an Argos fan, but. 

Cheer for the team that is the closest to you, and that you will watch regularly. Don't worry about one at first, just feel it out. 

Do you have Canadian sporting allegiances outside the CFL? If so, go for those cities. 

In short, like any other sport, keep loyalties to cities and importantky, who you will commit to.

Also feel free to ignore all of his, because sports should be fun. 

May have been a mistake, but on Twitter I asked the CFL Twitter account which team would be the best to follow... yeah I get bombarded with opinions on which team to follow... including CFL teams themselves!

I'm also an Argos fan. So obviously I'd lean towards the Argos too.

Maybe there is a player you followed in NCAA or the NFL who plays in the CFL now? I find that is how a lot of people who don't have a hometown team end up picking their favorite CFL team.

I was listening to the Peter Schrager podcast the other day and he had a bonus episode on the CFL with Hamilton's beat reporter/play by play guy. Maybe have a listen to that and it will help, he kind of breaks down the teams. Might be worth a listen.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

19 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

Maybe there is a player you followed in NCAA or the NFL who plays in the CFL now? I find that is how a lot of people who don't have a hometown team end up picking their favorite CFL team.

Well, Brandon Banks who plays for Hamilton was a former Redskins player (favorite NFL team), both Cris Carter and Jerry Rice's sons play for Montreal (Jerry Rice Jr actually signed a contract with the Redskins before an injury). So I could make a case to follow those two teams as well...

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I became an Alouettes fan years ago. Funny story. But, it was actually mixed-in with the Browns. the Baltimore Stallions (formerly Baltimore CFL Colts) did very well and were in two Grey Cups. When the Browns announced they were moving to Baltimore, I followed the CFL team in their move to Montreal.

Theoretically, I'm closer to Hamilton and if I ever do get to see a CFL game it will probably be in Hamilton. And I lived in the town where Hamilton's QB was from and watched when he was in high school. But, I still favor Montreal in any game they're in. Been that way for almost 20 years now. Even if they're not as great as they were with Calvillo behind centre.

yeah...but...Hamilton. ew.

lol

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I lurk on these forums because I like to see sports teams graphics, but this thread has spurred me to do the same thing...follow a CFL team for the season as I'm football starved at this point. I also used to cover parts of Canada for work so have seen some coverage here and there. The various posts here have me torn over who I should follow...

Ottowa (Rough Riders version) won the Grey Cup in 1968 when I was born, I love a couple of bands from the Saskatoon (Saskatchewan) area and in a simulation football league I play in my team originated as the Calgary Mustangs (now moved to my home state of Colorado).

One more week of preseason to make my choice I guess.

I'm from Hamilton, so I'm a bit biased.

Oskee-wee-wee, baby.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Follow the Ti-Cats.  At the very least, you all can easily find them via Hamilton sports/news sites online if nothing else.  The Argos get buried in this market, might be a bit of a chore for outsiders to even find them.

I dunno.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Archived