MLS x Umbro (Inter Miami added 24/24)

Victormrey

Let's start with a new series.

For this one I imagined what if the MLS made a deal with Umbro and all the clubs started to be sponsored by the Diamond Brand.
I know, if the MLS ever change the sponsor, the new one probably would be Nike, but I wanted to use Umbro because it's a brand which is reborning from its ashes and it's making great designs again.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Banner.png

In each post I'll be uploading a home and away kit design for each club, starting from the team with most titles (LA Galaxy) and ending with the last one to start playing (the Miami expansion team).

NOTE: I started making these designs back in January, so, if one of them resemble some of the newest designs, it's just a coincidence.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's start the series with LA Galaxy, which is the most successful MLS club with 5 League Titles.

The home kit features the traditional sash, inspired specifically by the 2006/07 kit. There's a seam on the chest which devides the front in two parts: the part at the top has the the sash in navy and yellow, while the bottom part features it as a watermark, in order to get a cleaner look. The collar and cuffs feature a similar design to the sash, which is also present on the shorts and socks.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro LA Galaxy Home Kit.png

The away kit has the same style than the home design, but without the chest seam, and the sash going all the way down. I decided to use yellow as main colour, isnpired by the home kits used from 2003 to 2007.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro LA Galaxy Away Kit.png

Let me know what you think about this first post, and if you would like to see the rest of the series.

Let's continue with the 2nd club with most League Titles: DC United, which have won 4, most of them in the first years of the MLS.

The home kit uses the club's traditional colours, being mainly black and featuring red horizontal pinstripes on the shirt and shorts, as well as red-black-red collar, cuffs and shorts trim.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro DC United Home Kit.png

The away kit is inspired by the Washington D.C. flag, featuring its design on the henley collar trim, cuffs, front of the shirt, shorts trim and socks. The shirt and socks also feature and subtle pattern of horizonal stripes.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro DC United Away Kit.png

8 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Can I ask what template you're using? Also, not a huge soccer fan, but all of these are very classy and would work fine on a MLS pitch. I love how you nailed the sponsors as well.

Thank you! I'm usign a custom Paint template using as base a design a friend sent me, I think he made it by himself.

Looks Great can't wait for NYCFC! Have thought about including Minnesota United FC, Atlanta United FC, and LAFC who are going to join the league in the next couple of years?

Also did your friend make a link to the template I've been looking for a good soccer template for paint.

4 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

Looks Great can't wait for NYCFC! Have thought about including Minnesota United FC, Atlanta United FC, and LAFC who are going to join the league in the next couple of years?

Also did your friend make a link to the template I've been looking for a good soccer template for paint.

Thanks, I was going to make Atlanta United FC and LAFC indeed, but forgot about Minnesota! (Plus Miami, for which I can make a completely own concept).

He sent me a simple base, and I've customized it for brands like Nike, Adidas, Puma etc. I also have basic versions of it. If you want I can upload it to the Paint User's Paradise thread.

2 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Thank you! I'm usign a custom Paint template using as base a design a friend sent me, I think he made it by himself.

Is it possible to get said template to fiddle around with? It looks great and I'd love to use for a project I'm working on.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

14 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Is it possible to get said template to fiddle around with? It looks great and I'd love to use for a project I'm working on.

I've just upload it to the Paint User's Paradise thread ;-)

2 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I saw, thanks buddy.

That's really nice of you, and I am going to fiddle around with it later.

No problem! I know the nightmare of being a MS Paint user and no finding a good template. 

I look forward to see what you come up with!

Continuing with the series, there are 3 clubs with the same ammount of League Titles: Houston Dynamo, San José 'Quakes and Sporting Kansas City, all of them with 2.

Let's start with one of the Lone Star State club.

The home kit uses the traditional Dynamo's colours: orange and white, featuring also powder blue trims, colour used by the Orange Crush from 2007 to 2011. The shirt has a subtle design inspired by the bottom part of the club's logo.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Houston Dinamo Home Kit.png

For the away kit I decided to use black as main colour, which hasn't been used until this year (I designed it before the leak or the actual release of the new kit). The design features orange sleeve diamonds, orange and powder blue collar and cuffs, as well as subtle pinstripes on the shirt front and a subtle diamond pattern over the cuffs.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Houston Dinamo Away Kit.png

Let's continue with San José Earthquakes. I'm not a fan of the Quakes' current sponsor, so I decided to use Tesla instead.

The home kit is inspired by the West Ham United 2015/16 kit, using blue as main colour and black for the sleeves and shorts. The design also features a blue diamond pattern over the cuffs, inspired by the 90's Umbro kits.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro SJ Quakes Home Kit.png

The away kit uses one of the 2016 Umbro designs for S. America, featuring blue, black and red, colour used by the original club which played during the 70's and 80's.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro SJ Quakes Away Kit.png

21 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Thanks, I was going to make Atlanta United FC and LAFC indeed, but forgot about Minnesota! (Plus Miami, for which I can make a completely own concept).

He sent me a simple base, and I've customized it for brands like Nike, Adidas, Puma etc. I also have basic versions of it. If you want I can upload it to the Paint User's Paradise thread.

That would absolutely amazing!!! Also the Quakes and Huston look fantastic!

I'm loving this series right now! Hopefully when you get to Orlando City, will you incorporate gold more into the design? That's the one thing I think our design team whiffed on while making the jerseys for this year and last year.

ExJworW.png

34 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

That would absolutely amazing!!! Also the Quakes and Huston look fantastic!

Thank you! If you take a look at that thread you'll see the designs I've uploaded ^_^

27 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I'm loving this series right now! Hopefully when you get to Orlando City, will you incorporate gold more into the design? That's the one thing I think our design team whiffed on while making the jerseys for this year and last year.

Thanks! And yes, I will definitely use more gold for the Orlando City kits. They have one of my favourites colour schemes on the league, and I think the addition of more gold would improve their look.

Archived