MLS x Umbro (Inter Miami added 24/24)

Victormrey

43 minutes ago, Uglybus said:

As an NYCFC fan, I think that you should still go with the blue they already have. Light blue is a beautiful color for uniforms (unless it's in the Premier League, of course).

41 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Maybe a 3rd jersey (An Orange Kit with blue shorts?) using pinstripes?

40 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

Man City Sky blue is a must for the home. The away I'd make pinstripe with with hints of orange and blue to replicate the New York City flag, or I'd make it pinstriped with the seal of New York City made in the background (the seal is on the flag) Also I feel that it is a must for the MLS patch to be Blue white and orange (More NYC Flag references)

I actually was thinking on making the home kit this way: Light blue shirt with navy pinstripes, white shorts and navy socks. And an all-navy away kit with light blue and orange details.

What do you think?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

I actually was thinking on making the home kit this way: Light blue shirt with navy pinstripes, white shorts and navy socks. And an all-navy away kit with light blue and orange details.

What do you think?

The navy blue pinstripe isn't original but its still good looking

Also glad to see there are other New York City FC fans here!

8 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

iwould say white or light blue socks for home

I was thinking on using navy socks inspired by the first ManCity light blue kit, used back in 1894, as well as by the kits used the late 80's - early 90's.

7 hours ago, New York's Greatest said:

The navy blue pinstripe isn't original but its still good looking

Also glad to see there are other New York City FC fans here!

Nice! Then I'll use that style.

Let's continue the series with Seattle Sounders.

The home kit uses The Sounders' traditional colours: Rave Green as primary and Sounder Blue as secondary. The design features a degrade diamond pattern all over the shirt front, as well as Sounder Blue diamond on the sleeves.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Seattle Sounders Home Kit.png

For the away kit I decided to use Cascade Shale as primary colour and Aquamarine as secondary, featuring another diamond pattern on the front.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Seattle Sounders Away Kit.png

6 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Let's continue the series with Seattle Sounders.

The home kit uses The Sounders' traditional colours: Rave Green as primary and Sounder Blue as secondary. The design features a degrade diamond pattern all over the shirt front, as well as Sounder Blue diamond on the sleeves.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Seattle Sounders Home Kit.png

For the away kit I decided to use Cascade Shale as primary colour and Aquamarine as secondary, featuring another diamond pattern on the front.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Seattle Sounders Away Kit.png

Playing hard to get with NYCFC lol at least you didnt do the Red Bulls first. Anyway looking good very unique away kit

1 hour ago, New York's Greatest said:

Playing hard to get with NYCFC lol at least you didnt do the Red Bulls first. Anyway looking good very unique away kit

Thanks. About NYCFC, I'm doing the kits starting from the clubs with most title and finishing with the expansion ones, so it'll take a bit ;)

On June 29, 2016 at 5:41 PM, Victormrey said:

What do you think?

That sounds really nice!

ExJworW.png

Next team of the series is New York Red Bulls.

The home kit follows Red Bulls' traditional style (since their re-brand, back in 2006). The design is mainly white with red shorts and trims, featuring the club's name at the bottom of the shirt.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro NY Red Bulls Home Kit.png

The away kit uses the same style than the home, and it's inspired by the 2016 Red Bull f1 Team car.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro NY Red Bulls Away Kit.png

1 hour ago, Aggie12 said:

maybe a throwback red and black metro stars kit for red bulls

I actually did it! I did a red and black striped kit, but decided not to use it in the end because I tried to be realistic, I don't think RB will bring back that look. This is how the design looks:

NY Red Bull Umbro Away Kit Test.png

I used the same base than the two other kits', and used both current and former club names at the bottom of the shirt.

1 minute ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Change the black to Navy and the jersey would work fine for the Red Bulls, No?

No, the black and red is a throwback to the Metrostars, thats what the Red Bulls were before Red Bull bought the team. Keep black

2 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Change the black to Navy and the jersey would work fine for the Red Bulls, No?

If you mean the "original" away kit, it's actually navy. Now that I'm on the phone, it looks really dark. But it's navy, not black.

Just now, Victormrey said:

If you mean the "original" away kit, it's actually navy. Now that I'm on the phone, it looks really dark. But it's navy, not black.

Nope, I was talking about the MetroStars based clash.

It's a really nice kit, but NYRB don't use Black in any format.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

2 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Nope, I was talking about the MetroStars based clash.

It's a really nice kit, but NYRB don't use Black in any format.

Yeah, indeed. But it's more a throwback kit, which isn't really common in soccer, but I think @Aggie12 idea was really nice.

Let's continue with FC Dallas.

The home kit is inspired by the designs used in the Dallas Burn era, being mainly red with blue and white horizontal pinstripes.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro FC Dallas Home Kit.png

The away kit uses the same style than the home, but using blue for the shirt and socks and white for the shorts, featuring red and white horizontal pinstripes.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro FC Dallas Away Kit.png

Archived